Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
SO,,,, my neighbor back in his younger days raised angus cows and so did his dad,
yesterday I was visiting with the neighbor wife, and she said 🧐 🤨 "we'r thinking about getting cows" 🤨🤔🤔
My DH said, Hmmm, we always said if we had cows we would want miniature highland cows, 😏 👂...................
neighbor said her DH raised angus and they were always fence pushers and he was thinking he wanted Holsteins 👂😌😗😌 So I am just letting her go on about cows and how much good they are and yadda-yadda- yadda,,,,,

the whole time I am just :weee:celebrate on the inside, playing cool :cool: :lol:
DISCLAIMER: SOME but not all, so dont go getting offended men,

but, they need to hear an idea from someone OTHER than the wife before the language translation kicks in 😁 ☺️

So we 3 talked cows, and as she was leaving I said,, now when you all find the cows you want you let me know! I would love to have a cow, and she said Oh ya for sure, We'll do!

I LOVE how the Lord works all thing out
:fl 🐮🐮 :fl🐄🐄

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I bundled up DS7 and sent him to the bus stop (1/4 mile away) at ... -21 degrees F. thick hat, hood face mask wool gaiter, scarf, extra sweatshirt, coat, bib snowpants, 2 pairs of gloves... uff. I was glad to stay inside. Unbelievable that DS7 doesn't complain about going out to the bus.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Your wife is awesome! Everyone needs someone with her skill set in the family!
Being clear, this is not her being "a Karen".
Facts, asking why procedures weren't followed, and praising the corporate CSR to their manager, too.
Like, "how can a business account be set up without business credentials? And locked in for 2 years?"

She is awesome, yes.

Last edited:

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bless their little ol’ pea pickin’ hearts!

Bless your heart is Southern Speak for “You are STUPID “

Bless their little ol’ pea pickin’ hearts!
Means they gonna DIE!
Hmm, let’s see. I think one of the last times I had to add pea pickin’ to a bless your heart was when a friends boyfriend decided to scream at her. That simply does not fly around me. He darn near flew, but the screaming didn’t.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Checked moms and had to milk some from one. Heavy producer. Nice quart of fresh, creamy milk. Her kids are fat!
These heavy producing moms, lol. I noticed today that I've got two big buck kids developing milk goiters.

For those who aren't familiar - it's not a bad thing. https://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/milkgoiter.html

Big, stout kids on a 1/2 Nubian, 1/2 Kiko mom. Even her big ol' kids can't keep up with her! She's milking like crazy and I have to ease her load no less than every other day. I should do it every day.

In fact, I've got 4 does I have to steal some milk from so they don't get too tight. I'm ok with that - it allows me to sneak enough milk for our use while moms are still taking care of their babies.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Dreamz i know we are a bunch of people on the internet, but you have family here. You are welcome to come to Texas for a visit.

Coffee is ready. Pumpkin pie for breakfast! The youngest granddaughter made a sign and taped it to the door so I don’t forget.

214E2A03-FEDE-482D-A494-F2ADB7E1FF00.jpeg

This evening we are having a campfire weenie roast and marshmallows. It’s a birthday party for the middle child, she just turned 8. Tomorrow I meet their parents to give them back. It’s sure been a fun week.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@farmerjan and everyone, not too good today. The right leg is hurting like it going to explode!
Anyway, got good deal on a general. A 14K 200Watts. Whatever it is but will run everything but the washer and dryer and the dishwasher. The dishwasher has a leg problem and does not need power,lol I use the dishwasher as storage,lol All for 9k. Only need to add what ever the gas company will charge for the connection. It goes hooked to the main box and turns on withing 10 seconds of loosing power. I opted for 50 buck a year for them to monitor the unit and know of any maintenance. God is so good!