Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
that's a much larger version of a Meow Mix...
Screenshot_20240108_155459_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Artic storm is coming in this a.m. Schools announced that they will be letting out kids early today - 2 hours. From the middle of OR up to the top of WA. I turned up the furnace to 70. We went to Winco and Safeway and got milk, fresh veggies, and two loaves of bread that were on sale. Got a knarly bone for the dog to keep him busy while we're in the house the next four days. Supposed to be in the teens and with windchill, cus the artic front is bringing wind, it will be in the single digits. This rarely happens here.

Hubs put about 6" of fresh chips in the coop inside for the chickens. The electricity he ran down there (buried in pipe) last year doesn't work. Come to find out it never really did....sigh. I'll send down warmed water and warmed food for them every morning.

I got 10 gal of clear gas for the generator. He refused to tell me where the third propane tank was....He also said that putting a load on the generator when I MADE HIM START IT to test and run, was silly. Ass....

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:caf 🥶 Good cold Monday Morning to you all,

I got up at 5am, it was a nice 21 out, glad it was not colder. Went out at 6:20 to the coop, the water was frozen, and all the flock was down off the roost waiting for me to turn the light on, lolo , I replaced the water and scooped the frozen poop, cracked the door open just enough for them to slip in and out. The coop was 20 degrees, but I am glad we are going to warm up a bit today-- accuweather says 2pm = 36degrees
Rain due in by Wed and temps will go back up to 44 and and maybe 50 on fri.
DH got the fruit trees pruned yesterday.

Ziva dog finally just got up (7am) I let her out and put the hummingbird feeder out, poor things, I have 2 that stay all year.

I think I want to bake bread today,, :love🤔

AND, I am making cod tacos for dinner

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning all! Happy WEDNESDAY!!!!!!
FH got done doing VDOT stuff last night or early this AM (midnight) but instead of trying to make it home on roads that may have had BLACK ICE I had no problem with going to a hotel for the night. Sure I do miss him but I would rather him be safe than have him risk his life or our NEW vehicle. I'm going to lay back down seeing how Savage (my youngest dog had me up very early) even though I have to stay with him and leave the others unattended. Nope, still can't have Savage around Kozmo so doing what I can to let them both know that I love them both.

Latest posts