Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Country homesteader ... Please know that we are not picking on you but, offer our concerns about you insuring that FH takes better care of himself some he can stay healthy for YOU. 🥰💕. Be slick, make him think the changes are his idea! 🤣
You see, we can can manipulate as a genie! Lol

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Guys, I missed you. You did not missed me at all. Just went ahead and had me go back over 10 pages,lol

Got up after making it 2 nights and days on a snow suit. I called non stop until the trucks were in front of the house.
20230228_104624.jpg

Let the chickens and ducks out and took a very,very long shower.
IMG_20230228_102543_01.jpg

Did some organizing, took trash out,and cooked. Sent a pic to hub and he laughed at me. Just pork,peas,carrots and potatoes. (didn't eat the carrots and half of it went to the chickens)
IMG_20230228_165518_01.jpg

My baby roo LoveChild got his middle toe nail broken. So much blood. Got him and cleaned him, let cold water run and applied cornstarch. Then wrapped his toe. He is fine. Just need to get ised to the wrap for a few days.
20230228_180824.jpg

Did some research on house generators and called one out of Shelby, a nearby town. They are coming tomorrow to explain it to me and give me a free estimate. I will not eat for years if I need to but need to do something about this. Last year was for four days.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A suggestion if you get some estimates for a generator. Go with a whole house generator; one that comes on automatically when the power goes out... something like a minute or 2 lag time.... and go with Propane. In the cold climates, in the winter, diesel can gel and be a problem. Diesel can grow algae in it in hot conditions also in the summer... we have some problems in the trucks and tractors... Get a 500 or 1000 gal (pound) propane tank, get it filled in the summer when the prices are normally less.... and then not have to worry about it running out. You will need to run it for 15-20 minutes once a month just for keeping it in good running condition. I think you will be looking at $10,000..... the generator will run 5-7,000 and then the rest of the set up and all. They will have to do the wiring into the electric so that once it is running it will NOT FEED BACK into the grid... and it will not electrocute someone working on the the lines there.... get it done professionally for safety.... and for liability reasons....
One farm I used to farm sit for had one, and when we had the horrible derecchio winds that we lost our power in the summer, around July 4th, it was the only place I could go take a shower and the temps had gotten to the 90's that week. I got water from a gravity fed spring that had a pipe out of it so could haul water to all our cows, there were farmers from all over that were getting water there and I had a 2-3 hour wait some times to get a 300 gallon tank of water... but at least I had that place to go to also..... We were out for 5 days, the animals would have died because we were dependent on all these wells that the conservation crap has insisted we install to keep animals out of streams... no electric, no water... many of us cut fences and let the animals to the creeks but there were places we had to haul water to and we did what had to be done....
That aside, the whole house generator at that house I was caretaking was a life saver..... all dairies have some sort of generator, many are run off a tractor PTO... but some are whole farm type so that milk tanks stay cold and water can be pumped to the cattle.

Last edited:

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A suggestion if you get some estimates for a generator. Go with a whole house generator; one that comes on automatically when the power goes out... something like a minute or 2 lag time.... and go with Propane. In the cold climates, in the winter, diesel can gel and be a problem. Diesel can grow algae in it in hot conditions also in the summer... we have some problems in the trucks and tractors... Get a 500 or 1000 gal (pound) propane tank, get it filled in the summer when the prices are normally less.... and then not have to worry about it running out. You will need to run it for 15-20 minutes once a month just for keeping it in good running condition. I think you will be looking at $10,000..... the generator will run 5-7,000 and then the rest of the set up and all. They will have to do the wiring into the electric so that once it is running it will NOT FEED BACK into the grid... and it will not electrocute someone working on the the lines there.... get it done professionally for safety.... and for liability reasons....
One farm I used to farm sit for had one, and when we had the horrible derecchio winds that we lost our power in the summer, around July 4th, it was the only place I could go take a shower and the temps had gotten to the 90's that week. I got water from a gravity fed spring that had a pipe out of it so could haul water to all our cows, there were farmers from all over that were getting water there and I had a 2-3 hour wait some times to get a 300 gallon tank of water... but at least I had that place to go to also..... We were out for 5 days, the animals would have died because we were dependent on all these wells that the conservation crap has insisted we install to keep animals out of streams... no electric, no water... many of us cut fences and let the animals to the creeks but there were places we had to haul water to and we did what had to be done....
That aside, the whole house generator at that house I was caretaking was a life saver..... all dairies have some sort of generator, many are run off a tractor PTO... but some are whole farm type so that milk tanks stay cold and water can be pumped to the cattle.
Yes, that is what I am thinking. Hope I can get it cheaper than that,lol Anyone would make me a loan,lol
Hub has a 10 something generator here ut have no clue how it works and it's back in the garage behind crap that he puts everywhere.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning Y'all! Coffee is ready and it's hot. About to get my second cup of the morning than later on today between 2-3pm will have another cup.
He is not taking prescription meds? Oh, that's not good.
I didn't mean he wasn't taking his med. He just won't give it to himself so I give it to him every morning. He takes his other medication just fine, just doesn't like giving himself the shot yet when he is at doctor office he can watch the "vampire doctor" insert a needle to take blood and that's a bigger needle than the ones that go on his pen.
Right now the temp is 43 here with mostly clear skies even though it's just getting light out, going to hit 64 so I would say where I am located in Virginia, March came in like a lamb.

Last edited:

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok, I got the power! Yes, electricity is finally here,lol

Ok, messy until, do your essay and there is no need to get unto arguments of any kind. You are not to prove or disprove God. He can do so Himself. Just like it says in Galatians, stand still in your faith. God created everything and yes, there is science that proves many of the Bible timeliness. Careful where you research but yes, if any science have been a few hundred years and that is amazing in itself. I love history, so that is what I do. I research history and as a Christian, I look for the prove and there is prove. That it does not come out, yes, remember that many do not want all the truth out because people that learn and know, are a stumble for those who want to get their agenda fulfilled.
Think of the story of Cuba. Fidel and the communist party began in South America and they went in with the idea of everything the same for everyone. A people that are not allowed to know, they are easy to manipulate. Sad story but it's true.
I loved my biology classes. Well, just in here, I was not a Christian and the professor had me mesmerized,lol He was such a handsome man. I got 100 in all classes,tests,and essays. :eek::ep:hide

You know, that is one way to get good grades!
Thank you Dreamz.
I have been hearing the verse “my people perish from lack of knowledge” all over the place. I should really look it up and find it in context. It is sad, but ignorance is the easiest way to rob people of their freedom. People don’t even see it.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@farmerjan and everyone, not too good today. The right leg is hurting like it going to explode!
Anyway, got good deal on a general. A 14K 200Watts. Whatever it is but will run everything but the washer and dryer and the dishwasher. The dishwasher has a leg problem and does not need power,lol I use the dishwasher as storage,lol All for 9k. Only need to add what ever the gas company will charge for the connection. It goes hooked to the main box and turns on withing 10 seconds of loosing power. I opted for 50 buck a year for them to monitor the unit and know of any maintenance. God is so good!

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@farmerjan I can deal with the cold. All I have to do is put stuff on,lol but showers or toilet not flushed, yuck!
I had 4.5K cash saved for a new truck but just gave it as down payment. Even gave eggs to the guy. It will be installed in mid April and instead of having to pay the remaining 4.5K, I can pay in 2 payments. So refreshing to know that next winter, I will be OK.
Thank you guys!

Latest posts