Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bribes, plus black mail.

Interesting day yesterday. We took a Father's Day ride to a coastal town for a toe dip in the ocean, and enjoying the cool breezes. All of the shops, and stores in town were open, lots of tourists. I might have seen 5 face masks TOTAL! Good to see people getting over their paranoia. (Our idiot gov. won't end her state of emergency until June 30.) But, when supper time rolled around, we found that EVERY. SINGLE. FAST. FOOD. RESTAURANT. was drive through only. Still doing the covid $h!+. Meanwhile, in Bangor (our closest place for any shopping) all restaurants, including fast foods are open for sit down meals.

Help wanted ads up EVERYWHERE! And, they are even posting pay scales! But, our idiot governor is offering employer and employee incentives of up to $1500 EACH for new hires during June and July. I don't think I've ever seen such a stupid governor in my 65+ years.

Starting July 1, plastic bags are outlawed in our state, per governor mandate. And shoppers must pay a minimum of $.05 per paper bag. Big push for reusable bags. A year ago, our governor outlawed the use of reusable bags! No agenda here folks. Nothing to see here. Move along!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
But, when supper time rolled around, we found that EVERY. SINGLE. FAST. FOOD. RESTAURANT. was drive through only.
Now that I have a kid working at McDonald's...

I was asking him about that, because the McDonald's here is also still drive through only.

Turns out that they get as much business as they can handle with the drive-through. They have no need to increase business. AND there is way more work if they open the sit down area.

So... it isn't a covid thing.... it is that they make more money with drive-through only.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bribes is what I call it... not incentives....

"The governor said, because people who have been vaccinated in Illinois filled out a form providing their name and address to get a shot, they don’t need to sign up for the lottery prizes, and will automatically be included in the drawings."

Critical Thinking ENGAGE! Research, Connect the dots, Draw your own conclusion(s).

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Critical thinking no longer exists for the majority. They think and say only what they have been told to think and say. Scary, it is! I find that when I am talking with most people, it's like talking to a toddler. They are incapable of understanding the most basic concepts, and I find myself answering the absolutely dumbest questions.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Critical thinking no longer exists for the majority. They think and say only what they have been told to think and say. Scary, it is! I find that when I am talking with most people, it's like talking to a toddler. They are incapable of understanding the most basic concepts, and I find myself answering the absolutely dumbest questions.
Sorry but I believe the contrary... I believe most everyone has the ability for critical thinking. it's just more difficult and uncomfortable doing it.

Let's face it... It's simply less effort and more comfortable, to just to be told what to believe. I personally believe it's mainly because there is no self accountability. You can always blame someone else who told you, if whatever it is turns out to be untrue.

But this just my experience talking... Take it for what it's worth all of about two cents.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lisa, you post 'em... I grab 'em and send them on! I've also posted on FB, but it's like preaching to the choir, regarding who I can message this stuff to. No sense sending it to those who have already compromised their health. So many of my friends and family have taken the jab and are very proudly virtue signaling about it. I've been shunned by a lot of family over this matter.

I've been enjoying pine needle tea. I make sure to have a cuppa every Sunday after being at Church around all of those jabbed folks. I feel creeped out to hug a jabbed person, but do... anyways. I figure that God will protect me.

God has blessed me with a beautiful 6' tall pine tree. It's lush, and perfect for my harvesting needs.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I still pass the articles on to those who have had the jab. They are passing it on to their loved ones who haven't had it yet.

Anyone remember the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"? (LG, I told you I have a weird sense of humor) ;)

1624374847519.png

Status
Not open for further replies.