Could you live without internet for a week?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If I HAD to, I would have to become a recovering addict. But I DON'T want to. Its a great source of entertainment and education for me. I look up recipes, I follow finances and the market, I love reading about other ppl, I stay in touch with family. I don't get enough done around the house because of it, but then again since I'm not working right now, I'm not "chained" to the internet like I was at my last job.

<<shivers at the thought of withdrawals...>>

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I am sure I COULD do it.....BUT..........

I get most of the kids school work online. I only have my kids to talk to at home for the most part. No one else IRL understands the whole SS thing.

If I wasn't on the computer so much I could probably get more sewing done...
Get more exercise and lose some weight....
Have a cleaner house....
I would have even more animals...
I would probably be exchanging more of that 'new currency' with DH...

With all the exercise and bartering with DH I would probably end up with 7 children!! :lol: .....So I am probably better off just leaving my computer on!! :caf

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Yes I could do it, my house would be super amazingly clean and shiney !! :p
I sooo second that! And I might get out for walks and meet some of the neighbors too, REAL People! Imagine that! LOL!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
MorelCabin said:
Wildsky said:
Yes I could do it, my house would be super amazingly clean and shiney !! :p
I sooo second that! And I might get out for walks and meet some of the neighbors too, REAL People! Imagine that! LOL!
<gasp>
I know, I sound like such a loser, really, I'm not...:idunno

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Wildsky said:
MorelCabin said:
<gasp>
I know, I sound like such a loser, really, I'm not...:idunno
;) I'm the same, I just don't feel like putting out such an effort to go meet people you know.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yeah too easy. I've never had much time with computers or internet. While we're at it lets give up t.v. and phones and all that stuff!

Just don't make me give up books or I'd be in trouble.;)

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There are a few very special things in my house that a lot of you have, but I couldn't have found just anywhere; like a butter churn, beekeeping supplies, wine making supplies, very hard to find books, poultry, caponization kits, etc....which I located on a computer.
However, now that I have them, and now that I find that my checks are running out before my month, I am seriously thinking on disconnecting my cable, internet access and land line. I think I will save between 150-200 a month. I have been thinking about it for a long time. It might become necessary if things don't ease up on me soon.
I can do it. My family might not feel the same though. It does help with homeschooling, but I can work around that if necessary. It is true that my house would be cleaner without a computer. In fact.....with that said I should hurry and make my mark on the house. I'm still on my work week and time is very important.

Latest posts