Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Deb! :hugs

I love the Petersons Guides as they are pretty much Dawn-proof! :gig

Made Cheyenne's afternoon and pulled the plants out of the kids swimming pool, got it cleaned up and set up for her. She had a blast and wore herself out! Thankfully! :celebrate She is coming into her own and definately playing doc and I off one another right now. He's onboard with what I'm doing with her so we are maybe half a step ahead of her...maybe! :gig

Finished sawdust mulching one of the garden walkways today and will sow a few cuke and broccoli seeds in the bed in a couple of days. Will cover the seeded spots with soda bottle tops to act as mini greenhouses mainly to keep the grasshoppers off of them. :fl

Lost the baby figs ( :hit ) not sure if it was due to bugs, critters or just the heat. Everything (bugs/critters) is on the hunt for anything with any moisture content right now and anything and everything growing/fruiting is fair game. :rant

The chicks are getting big and I suspect I have atleast one cockeral, as of today. I really need to get of my rear and finish getting the Chick-n-Barn back from the jungle so I can get them moved. The upside to the heat and drought is that the jungle is succumbing to the conditions and it will make my job a bit easier. Been busy with Cheyenne these past two weeks and everything else has pretty much taken a back seat. Is it terrible of me to blame it on the new pup? :lol:

Cheyenne is having a blast going to moms and hanging out with the big dogs, aka Smiley and Flower. Time for some cuteness pix. :D

Cheyenne and Smiley:

603_july_18_2012_big_dawgs_003.jpg

Flower and Cheyenne:

603_july_18_2012_big_dawgs_012.jpg

One happy puppy:

603_july_18_2012_big_dawgs_032.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
She is such a cutie. Every time I see the pics of someone's new pup it makes it that much harder for me to stick to my decision not to get a dog until we move. But, I don't want to leave a dog home alone all day, and I don't know that I could ride one on the bike out to the farm. Having the bike saves me so much money that can be better spent on things other than gas.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Our new little pup nugget is driving us crazy too right now. :love

What are you doing to begin training her? What all do you plan on training her to do? Just curious. I'm thinking of training this one to mainly help with the pigs but I really don't know where to start seeing as how I have NO time lately :/ DD has been working with him some, but that's just basic manners and potty training. Eventually he will go outside full time, but we want him to be able to stay inside if necessary, so we get to go through all the pup housebreaking fun right now YAYYYYYYYYY :rolleyes: :lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
She is such a cutie. Every time I see the pics of someone's new pup it makes it that much harder for me to stick to my decision not to get a dog until we move. But, I don't want to leave a dog home alone all day, and I don't know that I could ride one on the bike out to the farm. Having the bike saves me so much money that can be better spent on things other than gas.
If you got a side-car for your bike the pup could go with you! :hide Big help, aren't I? :gig

WBF,

I'm just trying to get her through basic commands at this point and some days are better than others. :he Her main job will be her being my ears (as I'm about deaf as a door knob) and security. Second job will be livestock dog. I'm using Bob Hinds' Train Your Own Stock Dog - You Don't Have To Be Smarter Than The Dog (The Simplest, Easiest and Fastest Method). Not working real hard with her right now as the heat is just extreme here (109 in the shade right now).

We were fortunate with the housebreaking as she was used to being outside full time when we brought her home to the air conditioned "dog house". :gig If she's gotta go, she either comes and nudges my leg or goes directly to the door and barks. She has "NO" down pat but has been having selective hearing with "Come In" (calling her to me). Going to dig out the reel leash and start using that to help me with the last one. ;) She had help with the last one as doc was whistling for her and I'm using tongue clicks...I can't whistle without using my fingers and it's rather loud and obnoxious! :gig

I'm almost done digging the garlic! I messed up and waited longer than I should have, so the dead tops come off most of the bulbs when I removed the mulch. :rolleyes: Luckily, the row markers are still in place. :lol:

We have slight rain chances for tomorrow and Friday, so I'll give all the beds a good soaking tonight and hope for rain. :fl

Our friend from TN won't be coming in for a visit this weekend, he's going to wait for it to cool off a bit and I'm glad as it's supposed to be 100F+ still. I am so ready for winter at this point! :barnie It's been in the 80's at night and totally uncomfortable to sit out by the fire pit, even though we only have small fires. :rolleyes: Gosh, I'm starting to sound like Wendy Whiner. :gig

:D Cuteness Alert!!! :D

Smoke lovin' on Chey:

ry%3D400

I'm all ears!!! :gig

ry%3D400

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And here I thought you had turned into a rabbit! :D :bun

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:gig @ Deb!

Thanks, BB! :hugs

She's got everyone she meets wrapped around that little nub of a tail she's got, and she knows it, too! :gig

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thats also one large cat too! He looks big! I have a big one like it to except she is a tuxedo cat...