Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I get a reduction in board, but at times I feel like it's not worth it. I'm so tired of going out, no matter the weather. I don't want to just move the animals to another boarding place, I want them in my backyard. So for now, I'll suck it up. I can't get any place else as cheap as I can here, and if I moved, chances are, I'd have to put Stormy down in order to afford it and get rid of the chickens. I don't want to do either.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That sounds really frustrating, Deb :hugs I hope something will fall into place for you somewhere and soon so you can get your own place.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm trying my hardest to get stuff done here. I can't think about moving until I have this place all cleaned up. Slowly but surely, it's getting there.

For now, I have a turkey! When I got to the farm on Tuesday, I found a domestic turkey trying to get in w/my chickens. She stayed around all day, so I let her in, then the next day, I was able to catch her and put her in a broody pen. I have a found ad on CL. If no one claims her, she'll be going for sale on CL. I kind of hate to get rid of her, but I'm not set up for turkeys and don't want any extra animals now.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Well, that's a nice bonus!! Too bad you can't keep her!

I hear you about being between a rock and a hard place. I felt like that for so long at the farm where I was before. I couldn't see a way out until everything pretty much fell apart and I didn't have a choice. At that point I was provided for in a major way, so it took a lot of trust to get there. It wasn't easy, and I don't want to have to do it again, so I feel your pain!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm not butchering her. Hubby won't eat turkey, and she's too big for me to eat. Plus, she's worth more alive. She's a heritage breed and I've been told she's worth between $40.00 and $60.00. So, we'll see.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm saving every penny I can. I want off the farm and out of this house. At times, I want out of my marriage as well. It would be different if hubby and I were working towards the same goals, but I don't think we're in the same book, let alone the same page!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
At least I'm making some progress on the house. It's slow, but it's still progress.