Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tell DH all the time if we can never agree on anything then we will never have anything.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I'm thrilled that you're making some progress, though! That is a good thing, even if it is slow progress, progress is progress regardless.
And that's pretty awesome that the turkey is worth that much! How nice to make a little extra cash!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
As long as I can sell her! I need to get her picture taken, then get her on CL.

Thought I was going to have to put Stormy down since he looked like he was losing weight. I used to feed him hay pellets years ago, but he decided he didn't like them. I started feeding them to him again. He's decided that he likes them after all. He gets 2lbs of them a day. I noticed that he looked like he was gaining weight, so I checked w/my weight tape. He's put on at least 24 lbs! I hope he continues to gain. I don't know that I'd ever try to ride him again if he does fill out, but at least he's looking much better.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Horses can be so picky sometimes! My guys don't like the alfalfa pellets from the local mill, but they do like the Standlee hay pellets I can get from TSC. SO glad we have a TSC that opened near us now!!
Did you get the turkey sold?? How's things going??

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Those are the same ones I feed Stormy. But now that the grass is coming in, he's not really eating them, so I've cut him back.

Haven't sold the turkey. Haven't gotten her pic on CL. If I can't sell her, I'll keep her. She is laying eggs. If I do end up keeping her, I wish I could get a tom for her. They're supposed to make good mothers, so maybe she'll go broody on me. I just don't think she'd fit in a nesting box!

I'm still working on cutting up the wood I was given. I had tried to get it cut and in the shed, but just don't have time. So I've just been stacking it all up. I don't normally cut it to the size I need when I get it-unless it's too heavy to pick up. I figure as long as it fits in the truck, I can cut it to size later on. The big stuff is all just dumped on the ground waiting for me to get out there w/the splitter. I'm hoping to get the rest of it this week, or next at the latest.

Been getting stuff done at the farm. The floor of the run in wasn't level. I was able to come up w/dirt to level them off. And now that they're level, they'll get pea gravel. I was expecting to need 2 truck loads in each stall and since I want it done by Friday, I got the first truck load today. Much to my surprise, that's all I can fit in! So that means less work and less money.

I have to go to the allergist one more time, then I'm done. I don't think they're too happy about it, but I'm tired of going. I've been going for years and I honestly don't think I need to go more. I stopped last year for regular allergies and haven't had a problem, but was still going for bee stings. I got stung last year, and other than a little redness, I had no reaction. So I would say the shots did what they were supposed to do. And that means I can finally get a good schedule for myself.

Mondays will be my lesson day plus farm chores.

Tuesdays will be Bible study in the morning, then in the afternoon either going to a knitting and crocheting club or the hay auction. I don't need to buy as much hay this year, so I'm hoping I can go just 3x. And every other week, I'll be going to the chiropractor. When it gets cooler, I'll go Monday mornings instead, and have my lesson in the afternoon.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday will be work in the morning, then after I give Stormy his lunch I'll go home and do some housework. In the morning, while it's still cool out, I'll work on the yard and/or garden. After dinner I'll go out, give Stormy his last feeding and work w/either Misty or Licorice. I finally feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hey stranger :hugs Good to see you! It sounds like you are busy, busy, as always.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good to see you. As Sumi said - you're busy as ever. Guess you're still at the farm. Hope things are going better for you there.

Turkey eggs, huh? I've never tried one of those - are you eating them?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally feel like I'm moving in the right direction.

I am so glad for you to feel this way. Obviously you have been dealing with a lot more than wanted -- home & farm -- for a long time. Often things pick up and work out once we can get our own "handle" on the challenges that are there. It sounds like you are in that place now. it's hard to work thru but, you have at least turned the corner for your own plans to work.

I'll keep you in my prayers for continued progress...no matter how small, it is a forward step. At my farm I face challenges with getting things back into the correct operation after many years with other family issues taking the front spot. It's always nice when we can "feel" some mind clearing. Small steps will still get you there, just more slowly. Keep it up. :hugs

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Good to see you. As Sumi said - you're busy as ever. Guess you're still at the farm. Hope things are going better for you there.

Turkey eggs, huh? I've never tried one of those - are you eating them?

W/the way I have arranged my schedule, more often than not, I'm there when no one else is. So, I don't normally have to deal w/their crap.

I haven't eaten any of the eggs yet. I have so many chicken eggs that I don't need to eat them. I'm wondering how hubby will like them.

MH, I hope I have turned that corner and that my life starts getting easier. It would be nice to not have to work so hard or so much and to take a day off w/out having stuff pile up on top of me.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I really hope you did. You need a vacation, not just a day or so off :hugs