Don't You Hate it When?

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
double or tripling a recipe is like rocket science to me....sad but true. I am not a good cook or baker at all..HA HA

****My dumb deed for the other day....I left the water running all night when I cleaned out the goats water trough. Good thing I have a deep great well...HA HA---I hate doing that...very rare, but Tony came up from feeding and said I did. Ugh
I do the same with the pool water. I just want to add a couple of inches and the next thing I know its up to the edge. Now, I have learned to write myself a note or set a timer to check it.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I know about the water thing- it's hard to have the patience to wait (or the focus to remember) filling a 100 gallon water tank.
Water is very scarce on the hill here so after I left the water running for hours one night, I have timers on the faucets- I set the timer then if I lose track of it, the timer will stop the water flow.
I did try the "setting the timer" thing but my concentration is so weak, that I forgot to set the timer when I went into the house and the water ran for two hours before I noticed.
I did read one thing I thought might work for this memory lapse- a lady said she kept scruchies on the faucets and when she turned one on, she put the scrunchie on her wrist. Then she had a constant reminder with her. Haven't tried it though- I worry that my memory is so bad I would forget to put the scrunchie on.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey punkin I did the pool overflow also. DUH
leaving water on is a pain, I always feel like I waste so much and it burns me, but hey, the old memory ya know..LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
EnjoytheRide
HA HA HA---I would forget the scrunchie too! good idea though if you can remember to do it.

timer is great idea definitely!

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So much to say. I have been up since midnight, it is now 8:55am. When I can't sleep and get up and go on line, I don't turn on lights, hoping I can get back to sleep(it doesn't work though) I caught up on reading posts all night, now I am replying to so many.

I have forgotten to put yeast in the machine a few times, one time TWICE in one day!! I have put it on basic instead of dough when I HAD to have it on dough setting.

I have ran the washer with no clothes and the dryer!

I have left leftovers out all night. It really burns me when it was a BIG pot of something that would have lasted several meals!

I have forgotten boiling eggs before(they really DO explode!!!) twice in one day!!

I onc left the oven on while we went over 100 miles away to visit family, coming back after about 12 hrs!!! Boy did I hear about that one(and still do) . As I should, I was one of the most dangerous things I have ever done. We could have come home to no house or animals. Not to mention all the propane that I wasted. At least there was no food in it at the time. I find that if I don't turn the oven off BEFORE I take the food out I forget to shut it off often.

I forget what I'm doing almost daily.
A main problem is stopping to do something on the way to do what I intended(does that make sense?) then forgetting about the first thing.
I HAVE to have lists or I get nothing done, I do stupid things that don't really need done or aren't important. I hate when I forget to doulbe ALL ing. in a recipe until it is too late. I am terrible at figuring out doubling most of the time. I call DH at work and ask him, he can do it in his head. Me, it would take a while and scratch paper.

Good idea about the scrunchie, but I'm afraid I'd forget and put my hair up with it!

Monica

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
One evening last week my wife asked if I would split some of the logs up into kindling, so we could keep some in the rack near the door. No problem, says I.

I go out to the woodshed, and a doe and two yearlings are up the hill, about 200 feet from the shed. So I'm very quite as to not scare them, and I sit down to watch them. Then another doe shows up, then another. Two hours later as it gets almost too dark to see well, the does are still there, so I quietly slip back to the house and wash up for supper.

During supper my wife asks how much kindling did I split. I ask, "what kindling?". Oops!

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Somethings are just more important at the time. How serene! Nice way to relax in the evening.
Monica

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
When my oldest went into the bathroom one day he found a box of mac-cheese on the bake of the toliet. Iwent in there at one point during the day to pull my hair back and never brought it back out with me. That same day I was hanging laundry and working on the dog kennel when I went to go get meat to thatw becasue I just realized that it wouldn't be ready for dinner if I didn't do it right then. Then the dogs started barking so I walked outside with the meat to see what was going on. Seat down the meat on top of the dog house and started folding clothes before I would forget and then came in and realized hours later that the meat was still out there. Luckily the dogs couldn't reach it lol.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow cknmom

you sure are short on sleep right now --yikes
feel for you. I know how rough it can be without sleep. I am not a good sleeper also. Wish I was, especially like Tony...he can be asleep in literally 1 minute..LOL...I envy that so much.

hope you get some good rest tonight! And don't forget to sleep..HA HA

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know what you mean, DH falls alseep as soon as his head hits the pillow. I keep catching myself nodding now,but I HAVE to stay awake so I can sleep tonight. DD arrives tomorrow with three more of our grandkids.
Monica

Latest posts