Easing into it

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Karen, only problem with up with the sun is everyone else sleeps in till about 7 at the earliest. & I have already been up for over 1 1/2 hrs & ready to do things & no one else does because they just got up. Makes it tough to make beds & get breakfast going. Although I have resolved myself to next time we are up there I will get up, get dressed, read my bible & then about 6:30 get started on breakfast weather or not anyone is up yet. Maybe that will get them up faster & moving. :coolsun

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
Karen, only problem with up with the sun is everyone else sleeps in till about 7 at the earliest. & I have already been up for over 1 1/2 hrs & ready to do things & no one else does because they just got up. Makes it tough to make beds & get breakfast going. Although I have resolved myself to next time we are up there I will get up, get dressed, read my bible & then about 6:30 get started on breakfast weather or not anyone is up yet. Maybe that will get them up faster & moving. :coolsun
This is how we had to get up when I was growing up....awakened to the sound of Dad putting wood in the stove and Mom building a fire in the wood cookstove. I would try to wait until someone else had went to the outhouse first, so I wouldn't be the one who had to sit on the frosty seat! :p

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed, If you only knew how many times I begged my mother for her small hot tub, lord, a lot :rolleyes:. But she needed it more than I and I am glad she held her ground. You know, kids need to earn, we cant just give them everything. Anyway, no hot tub for me. But I will tell you a secret, dont tell anyone......we are making plans to attempt to build one next year. Yes it will be with salvaged resources. ssssshhhhh. ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
This is how we had to get up when I was growing up....awakened to the sound of Dad putting wood in the stove and Mom building a fire in the wood cookstove. I would try to wait until someone else had went to the outhouse first, so I wouldn't be the one who had to sit on the frosty seat! :p
:gig now that is good reasoning!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HM
when Tony has his 4 days off....one of those days I make a big Sunday type breakfast, and it is his sleep in day til 9 or so...well poor guy hardly gets that sleep, cause if I am up at 6 and ready to go...I start cooking and yell in the bedroom...breakfast is ready NOW! And if no response I send in Nicole..HA HA...she hikes up on the bed and makes mince meat out of him...legs in the face, crawling all over him, etc.....She works very well for me.....Muuuhahaha

I hear ya though!!! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would kill for a hot tub also. they are too expensive for me to buy.

BUT--I have been researching wooden ones with fire boxes...hmmm...just another project not happening yet..LOL

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have a hot tub and I am too cheap to use it. We did not realize what it would cost to run on 110. I think we will look into having it converted to 220. It adds 50.00 or more easily a month to our electrical bill to use regularly in the winter. I looked into the wood burning hot tubs but I was convinced it would never get used having to start the fire and heat for so long. Love the idea of it, we had friends who had a pool out of an huge old wooden water tank that was converted.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
We bought the hot tub from (the woman who gave birth to me) for $25 because she no longer wanted it. DH hauled it home with his 18wheeler from NC to IL...this was before we sold the rig and worked for someone else, lol.

It was costly to start up with its own breaker, 220 wiring, etc, but I love it in the winter. It has an 'economy' setting so it doesn't have to constantly run. This works well in the summer. I keep it around 97 in the warm months, as I don't use it much, and turn it up just before I get in in the evenings, then shut it down again. This seems to help alot.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:lol: I knew you were smart!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
HM
when Tony has his 4 days off....one of those days I make a big Sunday type breakfast, and it is his sleep in day til 9 or so...well poor guy hardly gets that sleep, cause if I am up at 6 and ready to go...I start cooking and yell in the bedroom...breakfast is ready NOW! And if no response I send in Nicole..HA HA...she hikes up on the bed and makes mince meat out of him...legs in the face, crawling all over him, etc.....She works very well for me.....Muuuhahaha

I hear ya though!!! :)
I just knew you were evil! :ep

Latest posts