Reaction score
I just knew you were evil!

*********Me?
LOL-LOL

sometimes! definitely! HA HA

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Its the same around here...I get up at the crack of dawn and have dogs and chickens fed, coffee made, and on some days have 3 loads of laundry done before anyone is even up. THe DH hates it..."when will you sleep in? I'm gone for a week, and still wake up with nobody beside me!" Poor guy, I just feel like I have lost the day when I sleep in even for 30 min!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When DH and I first were living together, he slept in till 11am!!!! All the kids were early risers and were always up at 6am. Now after 18? 19? years of marriage I actually enjoy the time in the mornings to myself. LOL AND get mad at him because he gets up a short time after me......He cant win.

Not at the begining tho. OH no, not at the begining. I hated it.
I also feel like I have missed at least half the day if I get up at 9am.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh wow I am the same way big time....if I don't get at least 1/2 my stuff done BEFORE 10 am I feel the day is wasted..LOL

Us early risers are great---get up and hit the floor running!

I would rather have relaxing time late at night...my SIL loves to relax after waking, no way for me, I need to veg out after everyone is alseep---night owl or vampire, not sure which I am..HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Sleeping in for me is 6-7am & no later otherwise the day is wasted & I always feel like I am trying to get caught up. During the week I get up at 5:15 every morning. I am getting things caught up around here finally & plan t use that time after dh leaves & fedding & kids getting up to get my sewing caught up now. Kids will be sleeping so no interuptions right? I prefer to veg at night too, but I usually fall asleep while doing it. Dh is a get up take his big mug of coffee out to the shop & sit in his cushing lawn chair, light a cig & turn on the tv for a 1/2 hr & then come in & get ready for work. Weekends & days off he sits out there a lot longer. I usually get most of my stuff done before he even gets dressed & he wonders why I am tired & have no interest in being outside with him anymore. My work is done!!!! I have kids to feed & get dressed & get them going on their chores thank you! Not that I am not interested in helping him with outside projects he just waits until I am done with being outside to get anything started(usually). Did I rant? Sorry!!:bouquet

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
As I work odd hours, my sleep schedule is way off from having regular days like you all! When I have a "normal" life, I like getting up around 6:30am and getting started. Bed at 9:30 pm.

My life has been anything but normal for many years, so I have days when I get up and want to get busting on the day...other days(my days off, of course) when I drag myself from the bed around 8- ish, sit around in the living room reading a book and luxurating in the morning sunshine.

That's the perks of having no husband and children who are on their way to adulthood! :D I can do the dishes when I want, watch what I want in the way of movies, fix a meal and eat only when I am hungry....what bliss! Must be what the pampered rich ladies feel like all the time! :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am also an early riser. Back pre-kids Dh and I both loved to sleep in...now my mission in life is to be up before them, make my coffee and slowly come to life in front of the computer, with the news on and a hot cup in my hand....and peace and quite! No Hannah Montana or Simpsons on TV, no one asking me to get them breakfast, or where this and that is...just nice peaceful ME time! It takes me a good 1/2 hour to come to life.

On school mornings I don't get that luxury, so I make lunches all bleary eyed and partially asleep.:rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey beekissed
in a small way I miss the "I" in my life...LOL...I hear ya!!!

Love family but to have no one dragging on my coattails would be nice for a change..HA HA HA

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You girls will get there. Just try not to get that empty nest syndrome. I have friends like that and, no offense to anyone, I dont understand it. You spend 18 yrs of your life taking care of them, shouldnt you be glad to NOT have them to take care of? Course, they do like to come home to roost every now and then when they are young adults, LOL.