FarmerDenise's journal - full on harvest time = busy, busy, busy

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Holy Guacamole!

I think you have had more than your share of "stuff" lately.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Holy Guacamole!

I think you have had more than your share of "stuff" lately.
I agree!!!

I am just glad it hasn't happened to my immediate family or close circle of friends. Except for XDH's stalker, but at least the guy was caught before he could do anything worse.

The neighbor died in his sleep. I don't know any more details than that.

Here is what our weather looked like earlier today. This is taken from my window. The wind was whipping the rain across the street.

1683_100_7788.jpg

Now there is some blue sky above and I took Susie outside, so I culd clean up the little poopers messes. I sure am glad I thought of using sheets in their pen. It is so much easier to clean it up. All I do is lift the folded sheet up by the four courners and take it outside, shake it out in the field and then I can wash it. So much easier than messing with hay or sawdust, especially in the house.

Here is Junior. Isn't he geourgeous? I took this yesterday.
1683_100_7765.jpg

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I hate my computer. It keeps stalling and disconnecting me from the internet!!!!
SIL is supposed to come and fix it. I better call and make sure he does! He gets to live with my DD in my house, so he owes me, doesn't he :lol:

BLefore this thing shuts me out again.

Our weather is crazy, when the sun comes out it is really warm, then the clods cover the sun and it its freezing.

I just went to run some errrands, the most important of which was to get a smog check. I forgot the registration renewal notice :he

Now I am going back outside to enjoy whatever sun there might be and watch Susie and all the rest of my critters. And have some more wine :p

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You have green! and you can see the pavement! You are sooo lucky! Overlooking the golf course today there are very small patches of green starting to show...until the next snowstorm anyway... :th

Beautiful rooster! He doesn't look too bad for coming out the end of winter:>) He's so glossy and lovely. Oh ya...I forgot...it's a CALIFORNIA winter...:lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We think Junior is quite the handsome fella and he knows it!! :lol:
He is a durn good roo. We have lots of roosters around us and get to hear them announce themselves all day and night. Junior knows who he is and does not respond to them. He only occasionally crows and usually at a reasonable hour. His crow is also not as loud nor as long as the other roosters'. He is not too terribly aggressive with the ladies (although his favorite is showing some wear and tear :() and he is nice to people. I can pick him up.
He is also quite tollerant of the babies. The little fellers run up to him and challenge him. He gives 'em a little bit of "what fer" and they go screaming off to mamma :lol:

It is cold one minute and very warm the next. So the sweater goes on and the sweater comes off :rolleyes:
wers are blooming. Susie and the featherdusters got to go outside. I cleaned the chickpen. The big hens got to go out and play too. I did manage to get the feed shopping and some food shopping done.

The sun is setting and I am tired.

Just another day in the life of FarmerDenise :D

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It cracks me up when you call them your little feather dusters. LOL

Glad to hear you got feed, food, chocolate and wine. You should be set for Armagedon LOL. You have allll the important stuff. :lol:

Can I come over?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
golly! look at the rain!

and look at that roo! he reminds me of the dearly departed Fred.

:)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
gettinaclue, come on by. I'd love the company.
Yup, got all the really important stuff. I'm ready for the big one ;)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
It's a sunny sunday. Just beautifull outside.

Susie's little cockerels are seriously fighting. They are drawing blood!!!
So I took the lot of them outside early. I figured being out in the big field would stop the fighting. NOT! So I took two of the worst one, still fighting and set them in front of Junior. He knocked some sense into them... for about 15 minutes. I give up.
I told SO, looks like we are going to have us some chicken dinner this week. He wants to sell them. I don't think so. I want to eat the little buggers. Why sell them and then buy toxic grocery store chicken? He thinks we should sell them, because they are so little. I don't care if they are little. I think there is enough meat on each one for a meal for one person. He is one of those people who thinks bigger is better :rolleyes: He hates it when I pick squash, coz I pick it small, but it is oh so tender and tasty then. You don't even need any butter! I want the same for the chickens, young and tender and flavorfull :drool

Susie looked like she wanted to find a nest. So I put her on one in the henhouse and she promptly squawked and hopped out to get into the nest, that was already occupied by a Brahma hen. Yup, they all have to lay in the same nest. Go figure!

Now I'll go back outside to break up more cockerel fights. We decided to put those bad boys into the outside chickpen and fatten them up.