flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i could eat beans every day without any problem, green beans, wax beans, fresh, crunchy, steamed just a little, canned to utter mush. shellies, dry beans cooked, refried, etc. they're all good (but some are definitely better :) ).

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beans and me, do not get along. However, I'm thinking about trying chick peas, which are a legume, and making that dip, hummus! With some kind of grain free homemade cracker, or maybe just celery sticks, or lettuce, or a new favorite: endive! With salt and garlic! I'm going to experiment 👩‍🍳.

Going to fast the rest of today though, so that will be another day.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm back to fasting after a hiatus.

I'm currently doing calorie restriction plus time-restricted feeding to lose weight (body fat). I was going to do DIY fasting mimicking diet because I felt really good when I did that quite a few years ago (before it was a thing!), but I'm winging it. <500 calories per day for a couple days, then refeed for a day or two which usually works out about about 1,500 calories (that's maintenance or slow gain for me if I'm not doing any fasting). I'm also averaging 19:5 time restricted feeding.

SW: 154.2
CW: 147.4
GW: 125

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I finished my 3rd fast-mimicking and refeed cycle yesterday. I felt hot! I hope that means my mitochondria function is improving.

• My skin looks better.
  • My need for sleep is decreasing back to my normal.
  • I'm waking up alert - also returning to my normal.
  • Less fluid retention / weight gain from carb-heavy refeeds, might indicate improved insulin sensitivity and/or GI function

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
4th FMD/TRF cycle:

1st day FMD - fasting was effortless, first bit of hunger after 23 hours. I had a salty keto snack. (280 kcal, 5 g total carb). I walked a couple hours while training dogs and gardened for a couple hours.

2nd day FMD (today) - I lost 3# and 2" off my belly overnight. (Most of this is fluid loss but it feels good anyway!) I ate about 500 kcal this afternoon, but then had DS6's birthday cake in the evening for 1100 total kcal. Also got a bellyache from the birthday cake - not worth it!!!

3rd day refeed (tomorrow/cancelled) - due to birthday cake I'm going to call this cycle over on day 2 and start over. :hu

SW: 154.2
CW: 144.8
GW: 125

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had biphasic sleep last night! :weee I'm getting back to my normal!

My skin is so much better. I've been using retinol for months, but didnt notice much difference until I started FMD cycles. Looks like 5-8 years off my face in 2 weeks.

My physical therapist mistook me for early 20s 🤣 that hasn't happened in 5 years. I could pass for 19 when I was 33, but the last couple years have been hard on my skin. From youthful to premature aging. 😑

I also noticed new repigmentation of white hair on my hairline 😲😎 (probably from the months of retinol, but I like to think fasting helps)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hang in there :hugs

i'm blowing off some steam here to vent it so i can get on with the day in a better frame of mind. :)

it doesn't help that she buys junkfood for herself but also buys for me even though i've asked her not to do that unless i specifically ask for it, but also she bought for my brother (who's a pre-diabetic) and his wife who doesn't need it either, but then they don't show up so there it is and i hate wasting food so i end up shoving it down my pie-hole too. in the end it's three days of extra calories i didn't need. shopping when hungry is a part of it but also she's just not really got it through her head that i do not want any of this at all and that the others aren't likely to want it either. stop wasting money, stop pushing this crap at me. if she wants it for herself then only buy what she is going to be eating and stop tempting me. i'm really trying and this is feeling like sabotage and i really don't need it. period. so that will be the talk we have and i really have to get it through to her and to do it in a more gentle way than the above words, but it's frustrating as all heck. yes, i'll get through this... :) one day at a time. today the offending calories are gone. it will probably take a week to get back on track again...

Latest posts