Fill up your Gas tanks and reserve tanks TODAY!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I just ordered 150 gallons of off road diesel. I would have ordered more but that's all the storage capacity I could come up with.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hey Pony,
Wanna be my new best friend???
"Just keep in mind should you ever need a slightly apathetic, tertiary friend, I stand at the ready." - Dr. Sheldon Cooper

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep Okiegirl! Do you have a horse? They realize the importance of horses, because if SHTF, we won't have gas lol! Besides reserves. So I get to take Swingy with me! Its a good thing he's on herbal joint supps + I know what animals have high amounts of natural glucosamine & chondrotin in their bodies so he will stay sound ;) A few of the guys started buying horses and praticing backwoods camping with them. (For the horses, not the men haha.)

chicken girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Where could you store the gas? And where do I get stabilizer at? :/

yourbadd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I get ticked off hearing the nightly new reporters talk about how $5/gallon gas is inevitable by summer...way to slowly condition people so they roll over and accept it.

Curious what everyone is using to store their gas reserves. I've seen plenty of those large, above ground gas tanks on the farms around here but no idea of cost. We only have a small shed that's currently crammed with the mower and garden equipment. The garage is out of the question because DH welds a lot and the sparks would be a HUGE fire hazard!!

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
After reading some of these prices I feel bad complaining... I went to the gas station and filled up at $3.09 today, drove literally across the street to pick up meds at the vet, when I walked out the price had changed to $3.15.
I have a trip to Texas .. not really 'vacation' ... coming up. Dread that in a full size pick up.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
yourbadd said:
I get ticked off hearing the nightly new reporters talk about how $5/gallon gas is inevitable by summer...way to slowly condition people so they roll over and accept it.

Curious what everyone is using to store their gas reserves. I've seen plenty of those large, above ground gas tanks on the farms around here but no idea of cost. We only have a small shed that's currently crammed with the mower and garden equipment. The garage is out of the question because DH welds a lot and the sparks would be a HUGE fire hazard!!
I bought one of those farm tanks(100 gallon) BUT they won't be worth a sh!t for storing gasoline. They are NOT air tight.
Today's gas would just evaporate.........
You need something air tight.
You need to add Sta-Bil to it.
You need to store it in a cool dark place......like underground.
Might be time for some of that late night digging so the EPA doesn't bust your arse.........

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, within 24 hours of your post, gas here went up by about 15 cents/gallon. I did take your advice and fill it up. I hope that's a good move since even that took a hard bite out of my available cash. I have to put in $10 every other day just to get to work anyway, so if I'm gonna keep working it's a necessity anyway.

I reset my mileage thingy as I do when I fill up. My tank hasn't been full in over 5,000 miles! Money's been tight, LOL.

Wonder if I can ride my llama?!? I'm not counting on it, or even being able to teach her to drive if I had a cart. She's a little too ... Set in her ways to be likely to cooperate with that! Maybe a cart for the wether ...:gig

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
Wonder if I can ride my llama?!? I'm not counting on it, or even being able to teach her to drive if I had a cart. She's a little too ... Set in her ways to be likely to cooperate with that! Maybe a cart for the wether ...:gig
What about the little goatie in your avatar? You could trick her out with a little rickshaw! :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My four wheel drive:

912_hearts_bread_017.jpg

Complete with all season tires:

912_hearts_bread_016.jpg

:p