Food Storage on $5 a week

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Should I bring a pizza delivery box? My D1's goose Clark would always let the pizza delivery person pass by .... they could NEVER leave, but they could pass by with the pizza in their hand.

So does OD recognize this pass key?

Also is this MY left entering the drive or your left watching me hobble in?
hey Dog #2 - which side is mined????? dang i can never remember.....

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Mamagoose, can you please refer me to the touchy-feely hippie stuff you've found??
I've been to a few and don't know if these are the ones they speak of but I think one is called Bird Boy's Commune & Nutter Flutter Retreat and the other had something about running around nakkid and sleeping in yurts with goats. Usually those kind of sites are obvious and leave without injury as quick as I got there.

Using the zombie term is just a way to make a bad situation seem funny or tolerable - unfortunately they are ever present at every disaster and will most likely be a survivors biggest hurdle, we even have them around here and are called meth heads but they tend to lose their teeth and turn French so are real no danger for your food supply.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Using the zombie term is just a way to make a bad situation seem funny or tolerable - unfortunately they are ever present at every disaster and will most likely be a survivors biggest hurdle, we even have them around here and are called meth heads but they tend to lose their teeth and turn French so are real no danger for your food supply.
:gig

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I forgot that I downloaded this 33 minute video a year ago until my last post, you need a half hour of free time to appreciate its humor but may be worth the effort for you.

Jean Claude the Gumming Zombie
http://vimeo.com/3756284

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Blackbird-
If you go to youtube and just put in "food storage" you will usually come up with all three schools of thought. Look for the videos that are done by peakoil, as they do have some good info but are left leaning. Another name that has come up as a leftist is Sharon Astyk. I personally like to prescribe to all these sites along with some that might be called wright leaning. Even though I don't agree with everything they have to say , it's good to get info from a variety of places (and that goes for just about everything in my book). When you have all the different views and perspectives, it's easier to make good decisions.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Interesting, but I'm not much interested in politics. I couldn't find any good hits on Youtube regarding the keywords you used, so I guess you are all stuck with me for a while yet =P

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sorry I kinda hijacked the thread a bit there guys.:/

But I have a question about FS on the cheap. Have any of you had good luck with getting food grade buckets from your local fast food chains and restaurants? And if so should I offer a bit of cash or do you think they would just give them to me. I don't want to be a cheap skate but I have a hard enough time with funds as it is.....I don't know.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
mamagoose said:
Sorry I kinda hijacked the thread a bit there guys.:/

But I have a question about FS on the cheap. Have any of you had good luck with getting food grade buckets
Hijacking seems to be the norm around here - I of course can't condone it.

In the last few months I have bought 50 food grade (cake frosting) 5 gallon buckets from walmarts bakery for $1 each with wind proof lid.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love them too and gamma seal lids are cheapest at walmart. They even got mini ones for 3 gallon buckets.