Food Storage on $5 a week

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
mamagoose said:
I do know what the zombie talk is about....I'm not completely simple :rolleyes: . It just seems to me that when I search out preparedness on the net I have to wade through all the other bs that's on the sites, videos, and blogs. Whether it be touchy feely hippy stuff or LDS church stuff, or wright wing paranoia. It just seems that for the most part those are the kinds of people that prepare, and I don't see myself as prescribing to any of those schools of thought.
I guess that's why I'm here. I would say I'm more interested in homesteading (of course I could use a homestead :/ ). That and ya'll seem to be more my kinda folks. :)

BTW nothin against said groups, just not my style.
I figure I am dead in the first wave of anything anyway, so I tend to agree with you. It is nice however to have a good supply and be ready when our power is down due to ice. We homestead in the big city and were without power for 10 days last time.

Also I try to store at least a year worth of stuff at a time. This way I can take advantage of the seasonal best of produce and great sales as well.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I figure I am dead in the first wave of anything anyway, so I tend to agree with you.
if you survive, make your way here! but remember our rule for anyone who shows up:

everybody plucks

that keeps most of the family away, but we know you'd actually do the work
;-)

wait... you mean not REAL zombies? what about the infected people from 28 days???

dang. this changes everything.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I am not EXCLUDING the possibility of actual zombies, but a hoard of ill prepared people in a panic is more likely. Of course the strategy doesn't change. Double-tap!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
I figure I am dead in the first wave of anything anyway, so I tend to agree with you.
if you survive, make your way here! but remember our rule for anyone who shows up:

everybody plucks

;-)

wait... you mean not REAL zombies? what about the infected people from 28 days???

I am sitting on lots of food in the middle of a big city. Yup I am a goner. Just in case however I will probably need a code word. I don't want to be mistaken for a zombie. The way I limp and creak along now I look like one already when I walk! :lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Mamagoose, can you please refer me to the touchy-feely hippie stuff you've found??

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
ohiofarmgirl said:

everybody plucks

;-)

I am sitting on lots of food in the middle of a big city. Yup I am a goner. Just in case however I will probably need a code word. I don't want to be mistaken for a zombie. The way I limp and creak along now I look like one already when I walk! :lol:
code word is: Mother's Plucker

and stay to the left in the drive - the right will be mined. dogs will be manning the towers and OD and his demon spawn will be in the moat!

whoot!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Should I bring a pizza delivery box? My D1's goose Clark would always let the pizza delivery person pass by .... they could NEVER leave, but they could pass by with the pizza in their hand.

So does OD recognize this pass key?

Also is this MY left entering the drive or your left watching me hobble in?

Latest posts