Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
luckily we don't have standing water here but we do get flash floods from rain on snow or heavy rain events.

i won't post pictures here but if your curious and have the time to ramble through here's the link to my website with the details:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did you get sunshine yesterday? It was glorious! I was outside most of the day, reveling in the sunshine. Slop wasn’t as sloppy at end of day. Still mud, but NEW AND IMPROVED MUD!
It was AHHHH-MAAAAAY-ZING!!!

Yes, we had some of that new and improved mud. It actually became Crusty Mud and firm Mud Mounds in a couple of places. Baby goats loved it. They were bouncing around like pogo sticks, lol. Mama goats didn't love that it was nice enough out that I came at them with hoof nippers, needles, and oral wormers. Gave a few more CDT injections, wormed some new mamas and nipped some overgrown hoofs while I was at it. Today will be a repeat performance on the ones that weren't ammenable to being caught yesterday. Mostly one in particular. If she doesn't change her attitude she might get the opportunity to go be contrary at someone elses house, lol.

DH had his anti-pain injection Thursday. He's still waiting for it to fix him. Might take more than one.

We've got lots of babies. I've actually lost count...13 or 15..heck I dunno. Hope we get a little break before we have any more. Need to find a pause button, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another day - another goat kid. One big, single doeling from Emily. Not sure how it came out so big when the sire was a smallish Myotonic. I guess growing in a big, roomy Nubian with no competition from a sibling for nutrients led to a 10ish lb baby. Oh my goodness! An almost solid black girl with about 12 white hairs on one shoulder. A keeper for sure.

DH finally had a better back day today. Maybe the injection from the pain doc is actually going to give him some relief.

It's February. We're not freezing. Makes me want to get my hands dirty! The garden is calling...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Up waaaay too early this morning. Woke up at 3:30, got up at 4:30. That's what I get for going to bed early last night. We're supposed to hit mid 70's today. Wow - I'll take it!

I have a big pile of old hay that I need to move out of the mudpit in the pasture up to the garden area. Sounds like a whole bunch of not fun - but I need it in the garden so I'll start that project today. Gimme a pitchfork and a cart and it'll happen. (maybe a little at a time)

I need to do some more up-potting of some seedlings that have outgrown their itty-bitty cells. They should be fine for a few weeks after I do that. That should get me close to transplanting time.

I have eggs in the incubator. Ugh. I didn't really want to - but DD needs some chickens, lol. Talked to her yesterday and there were zero eggs in her town. She hit a couple of stores and came up empty handed. Seems to be happening more and more for her. As soon as she gets a secure coop built I'll loan her some of my layers until the new chicks get up close to laying age. Gotta spread the wealth. Can't have my grandkids going eggless.

Waiting for daylight so I can go out and play with all da babies, but need another cuppa first.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like "loaning" some of your chickens to DD. 🤔Maybe they won't come back...you can raise up new for you? Or share more when they're at POL.

MY DD....had a few and lovely set up.  Then she found two young rat snakes....called me to come eliminate. Felt only reason they were there was for the eggs! She gave ME back those chickens -- now she just wants eggs from my flock. o_O good deal, free.:lol: