Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
it sounds like you're doing good on getting the herd size up.
Lol! Unfortunately, that's a whole lot easier than getting the herd size down!

Four more does left to kid. Likely that each of these will deliver a single. That's a mixed blessing. One baby isn't as impactful on herd numbers lol. But, single babies are generally big. Nobody loves that - especially the mama!

Spent some time yesterday doing some worming. Those mama goats generally get a parasite bloom after kidding. Gotta address that issue. I love having the kids bouncing around everywhere! Nothing cuter! The really hard part will be deciding who stays and who moves on.

Picked up some ground beef on sale the other day. I'll get some of it canned, some in the freezer. DH would rather eat ground beef than steak, lol. :hu

Supposed to start raining again today. :th

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lol! Unfortunately, that's a whole lot easier than getting the herd size down!

Four more does left to kid. Likely that each of these will deliver a single. That's a mixed blessing. One baby isn't as impactful on herd numbers lol. But, single babies are generally big. Nobody loves that - especially the mama!

Spent some time yesterday doing some worming. Those mama goats generally get a parasite bloom after kidding. Gotta address that issue. I love having the kids bouncing around everywhere! Nothing cuter! The really hard part will be deciding who stays and who moves on.

i'd have an impossible time of it.

Picked up some ground beef on sale the other day. I'll get some of it canned, some in the freezer. DH would rather eat ground beef than steak, lol. :hu

haha! i understand that too as it is very versatile and can be used in so many ways.

my preference is for a good chuck roast with garlic, onions, mushrooms, potatoes and carrots, but that is a major expense these days but when we have it i really enjoy it.

Supposed to start raining again today. :th

by the time i saw this i think the worst of it was passed already. looks like we may get some of that storm eventually, but as rain and not snow so that's not good. :( next week's forecast is still for warm (40s to 50s).

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Temp dropped almost 20 degrees in about an hour. We were up to 74 and dropped to 56 in record time. Thankfully most of the rain has missed us. Still a chance we'll get some, but radar has things looking pretty promising right now.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
y'all sent this rain up here. snow is almost gone.
Oops! We don't need any more so I guess it had to go somewhere.

I guess today will be one of those "hurry up and wait" kind of days. Waiting on the Safelite repairman to come and replace the windshield in my truck. Got hit by a rock a couple months ago. Just made a little divot at the time, but of course with the cold weather it has grown. Also, it started leaking right after that. That's not acceptable. I don't need mushrooms growing in my truck, lol. It's just not a good thing to have a water leak.

Guess I'll leave DH in charge of the waiting and I'll get outside and start my day. Got goat stuff and garden stuff that need to get accomplished. Need to clean out the brooder in the garage too. Some idiot put eggs in the incubator. Geeze, what was that idiot thinking? :hu :lol:

Had an epic battle with one of the goatie girls yesterday. This is a doe that I milked a couple years ago. Put her on the makeshift milk stand in the big barn yesterday and she literally flipped out. She decided she didn't want to be a milk goat anymore. Well, guess what? She doesn't get to make that decision. If you live at my house and I feed you twice a day - there's some payback involved, lol. She WILL change her mind and decide to be a lady on the stand instead of a monster!

Looked at my yard a few minutes ago when I was outside. This IS February, right? Why do I need to mow? I have very persistent weeds. Actually it's not really weeds, it's clover! Wish I had a fence around the front so the clover could be eaten. Guess turning it into mulch is almost as good...almost.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Could you rake up the clover and give it to the goats?

Battle of the wills……. You WILL get on that stand and you WILL give me milk!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Could you rake up the clover and give it to the goats?

Battle of the wills……. You WILL get on that stand and you WILL give me milk!
By the time I run over it with the mower it will be shredded up into itsy bitsy pieces. Great mulch for the yard!

I definitely will win the battle of wills, lol. I think she started to get the message yesterday when I tied up a back foot. Guess what, you can't kick me or the milk bucket when you're standing on 3 legs - even though she tried mightily!