Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m stuck with poop soup.
And poop soup stinks!

MY DD....had a few and lovely set up.  Then she found two young rat snakes....called me to come eliminate. Felt only reason they were there was for the eggs! She gave ME back those chickens -- now she just wants eggs from my flock. o_O good deal, free.:lol:
I emphasized the part about a "secure" coop. She previously said that they were going to "throw something together" and use chicken wire. Nope - gotta be secure. However, knowing my SIL his idea of "throwing something together" would be way overbuilt and very secure anyway, lol. He doesn't half-a$$ anything, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I emphasized the part about a "secure" coop. She previously said that they were going to "throw something together" and use chicken wire. Nope - gotta be secure. However, knowing my SIL his idea of "throwing something together" would be way overbuilt and very secure anyway, lol. He doesn't half-a$$ anything, lol.

yes, if you're going to do something do it right. which is why my projects take a long time as they often end up involving other things that come up along the way.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
the large ditch out back that runs right through the property from south to north is 8-10 feet deep.
That's a heckuva ditch, lol!

yes, if you're going to do something do it right. which is why my projects take a long time as they often end up involving other things that come up along the way.
Wholeheartedly agree!

I headed out in sweat pants this morning and a hoodie - had to lose the hoodie and put capri pants on. Not complaining one little bit! Possibly back to low temps (low 30's) by next weekend. Argh!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's a heckuva ditch, lol!

it is and now with my achilles tendon on my left leg giving me trouble it is hard to take care of anything along it that needs to get done. clay and sloped. :(

Wholeheartedly agree!

don't get me started! lol

I headed out in sweat pants this morning and a hoodie - had to lose the hoodie and put capri pants on. Not complaining one little bit! Possibly back to low temps (low 30's) by next weekend. Argh!

it's going to be warm here this week, five days in a row of high 30s to mid 40s. all the snow is going to be gone again. :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Disbudded 3 little doelings today. There is NOTHING I hate more than disbudding. But it's done. Two more to do in a couple days. I'm not doing a whole bunch of bucklings. Horns will make sure that I sell them, lol. Still have 4 births to go.

Moved some of the hay from the last round bale up to the garden. Heavy mulching is in order.

I'm tired. Woke up at 3:30 this morning. Went all day and about to have dinner. Probably fall asleep while eating lol!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Disbudded 3 little doelings today. There is NOTHING I hate more than disbudding. But it's done. Two more to do in a couple days. I'm not doing a whole bunch of bucklings. Horns will make sure that I sell them, lol. Still have 4 births to go.

how are you doing on the doe to buck counts? happy with the results?

Moved some of the hay from the last round bale up to the garden. Heavy mulching is in order.

I'm tired. Woke up at 3:30 this morning. Went all day and about to have dinner. Probably fall asleep while eating lol!

face down in soup is not a Tai Chi posture or proper resting position. like i've said before, sometimes being inside is as dangerous to us as being outside. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
how are you doing on the doe to buck counts? happy with the results?
That's a dang good question, lol. I think I'm at 8 females and 11 males. Dang - that means I've got 19 babies! I just had to go count 'em, lol. I'm pretty ok with it. I've still got 4 does left to kid.
sometimes being inside is as dangerous to us as being outside. :)
I agree. Outside I tend to be in constant motion....inside - not so much. Easy enough to fall asleep in my soup, lol.

Latest posts