Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
By the time I run over it with the mower it will be shredded up into itsy bitsy pieces. Great mulch for the yard!

I definitely will win the battle of wills, lol. I think she started to get the message yesterday when I tied up a back foot. Guess what, you can't kick me or the milk bucket when you're standing on 3 legs - even though she tried mightily!

setting a bad example and getting everyone else riled up in the process too.

perhaps a treat would help? i got a treat this morning, it sure helped me (a piece of dried candied ginger :) ).

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
perhaps a treat would help?
There is always a bowl with feed in it in front of her on the milkstand. She will fight in between bites, lol. She's good at multi-tasking - kicking and chewing and chewing and kicking come natural to her, lol!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There is always a bowl with feed in it in front of her on the milkstand. She will fight in between bites, lol. She's good at multi-tasking - kicking and chewing and chewing and kicking come natural to her, lol!

try some peanut butter next time... so busy trying to figure out how to lick it off the roof of their mouth that they'll forget to fidget... no idea if peanut butter is good for them or not...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
try some peanut butter next time... so busy trying to figure out how to lick it off the roof of their mouth that they'll forget to fidget... no idea if peanut butter is good for them or not...
LOL - I might just give that a try! At this point I don't care if peanut butter is good for 'em!

But, we made progress today. She was only about 49% as bad as she was yesterday. By tomorrow she'll be darn near perfect!

Spent a bit of time observing and playing with babies today. Gotta make sure they're easy to handle and catch later in life. So, this little gal is tiny compared to some of the other babies. What to do when the bigger babies are picking on you? Hide between two LGD's!

1676079503814.jpeg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL - I might just give that a try! At this point I don't care if peanut butter is good for 'em!

haha! if you ever do try it let me know how it works out.

But, we made progress today. She was only about 49% as bad as she was yesterday. By tomorrow she'll be darn near perfect!

progress! hoooooorayyyy! :)

Spent a bit of time observing and playing with babies today. Gotta make sure they're easy to handle and catch later in life. So, this little gal is tiny compared to some of the other babies. What to do when the bigger babies are picking on you? Hide between two LGD's!

View attachment 22640

hahaha! sweet. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That’s a smart baby right there!
She really is! They love the dogs and jump all over them!

Got some more kiddos treated with Toltrazuril for coccidia prevention. Gotta stay on top of that. Much easier to prevent than to deal with sick babes. Got a text from one of my previous buyers today. I told him he's gotta wait about a month. Or, I could sell him a mama and babies together - but I don't think that's what he's looking for.

It's been cold and windy for a couple of days now. I don't love it. Has anybody started thinking that it would be nice if Spring would go ahead and spring? I'd be totally okay with it, lol.

Hens have really been ramping up production. Got a dozen yesterday. We've been eating scrambled eggs for breakfast quite a bit lately. I feel guilty if they don't get used. Dogs/pig have no problems helping us out.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm fine with early spring!! Little grasses growing here and there. Plum tree ready to bloom. Kids popping. Yeah, let's get on with spring. It was upper 60 all week but cooler tomorrow and rain. 🙄 Today's kids & mom in bonding pen. I have no need for more winter. :lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been cloudy, cold with a wind that bites. Have stayed inside as much as possible, blowing nose. Trying to get over the crud for the second time. Going to be sunny today. After church maybe I’ll get a little outside time.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have no need for more winter. :lol:
You and me both, sistah! We do have fresh grasses/clovers/weeds popping up. I need to mow! In February! What's up with that?

Been cloudy, cold with a wind that bites. Have stayed inside as much as possible, blowing nose. Trying to get over the crud for the second time. Going to be sunny today. After church maybe I’ll get a little outside time.
Ugh on the crud! Hope it will get bored with being inside and go away so you can get back to full speed!

We had a decently decent day yesterday. Was pleasant, sunny but a bit windy most of the day. Spent lotsa time with the kids. They decided I was a pretty good play toy and spent some time chewing and jumping on me. Nothing more fun than being a toy target for a bunch of goat kids lol. Couple of them will get PO'd at me pretty soon. More disbudding in the works for today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow even though if I can find time I'll get it out of the way today.

Gotta get a few things done before heading to DS's for the stupidbowl party. I'm not a grand football fan, tending to only follow the home team. But, this might actually be a good game. We will see...

I guess I need to suck down this cuppa and get busy. Need to take advantage of any day that doesn't have wet stuff falling from the sky.

Last edited: