Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you got your dad's attention! Hopefully he'll calm down and be able to stay there.

Garden therapy sounds lovely! It's gonna be 65 here Wednesday, that's insane! Spring will be here someday! Lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm in shorts today! And, it's the second time in a week! We are in the low 80's - how crazy is that? 65 for ya'll sounds wonderful!

Yes - SPRING! We've gotta get ready for it around here cuz it'll probably only last a couple days, lol.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I found you a hoodie

27544811_570724149940169_8559161891946915157_n.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do, I do!

Taking my gardening seriously this year.....I did a soil test. I found a test kit stuck down in one of my bags of seeds so I used it. It indicates that my soil is alkaline. Don't really know exactly what I'm gonna do about it, lol. Add more compost is one of the suggestions so I'll be doing that for sure. This was a freebie test kit so I'm not sure how accurate it is. I'm thinking I need to get a better tester. Off to Amazon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sooooo - Conan is spending his first night outside! Gotta get out there and give him his 'goodnight' bottle soon.

I'll probably move some more goats around tomorrow. I've got two older pygmies put up in a pen to pamper a little through the winter - but tomorrow they'll get kicked back out to the pasture. It's really beginning to look like spring around here. Bushes and trees are leafing out and pollen counts are rising.

It's time to bring the two FF's up and keep a closer watch on them. I think nobody is due for at least a couple weeks, but I need to check my notes.

Gotta fix a bottle, feed the bottomless pit and head to the bed. Those muscle relaxers make me want to crawl between the sheets.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am glad that you got to play in the dirt today. I need to get in the garden too! We went and got the pigs in driving rain and took them home. We picked up grand daughters and went to the movie, it was a lot of fun. We have all 3 of them for the night to give parents much needed time with each other and to get some rest.

If your Dad doesn't settle down, maybe a sedative might be in order? It's a fine line, but it might be better than him getting kicked out and not being in the same place as your Mom. Gheesh. I feel for him and your Mom. Their whole lives have been blasted to the moon and there is no fix for it. Big hugs to you, I know you are doing all you can.