Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not sure I've ever eaten a white bass....plenty of Large Mouth though.

DS and DIL came over and got my tractor going. I had replaced the battery, but the battery terminal connector thingies were rusty and needed to be cleaned and tightened. We started working on it and I saw yellow jackets start coming out from under it. I yelled "BEEEEE's" and we all scattered. Son got stung on the leg once, but DIL and I got away - barely. We were in the pen where I store the hay bales and both gates were shut so we didn't have much room to run, lol. Lesson learned! At least now I can move a bale if I need to - or maybe scrape some more dirt. Really hoping with the rain we'll have more hay available soon!

I had a roast in the Instant Pot so they stayed for dinner. Wasn't fancy, but it was tasty.

Talked to neighbor who has been enlarging my pond. We talked about renting a dozer to go ahead and knock it out. May or may not get done soon - he's a big deer hunter and it's almost that time of year.

I'm tired, is it bedtime yet?

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was time. Ugh! Went through my dresser today and did a purge. I've lost a little weight so either tossed or set aside for donation several bags of clothes. Need to go through the closet next even though I did it a couple years ago. Need to do it again.

I had a check-up yesterday with DH's cardiologist. Woo Hoo, I passed the EKG with flying colors!! Have to go back for a sonogram and stress test. Double ugh!

Also, put a buck and doe together and the magic happened, lol. Babies in mid-February if things went well. What a wonderful time to have babies. What was I thinking??? Actually, I was thinking I need some dang babies around here - that's what I was thinking.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
? if the EKG is excellent why go through that? sounds like looking for extra trouble for no reason to me, but i'm always leery of docs these days. :(
I get it - I'm not one that runs to the doc very often, but looking for extra trouble is what cardiologists do, lol. This guy has been DH's doc for at least 10 years and we trust him.

I've had some concerns since DD passed and because of that, he wants to do a full workup. I believe that if DD had been more concerned with her own health that she might still be alive. I can't do that to my family - thus - total workup. He also believes that everyone should have a thorough cardiac examination when they reach the age of 60. I'm "a few" years past 60, lol.

“When you have an EKG, your heart’s electrical efficiency is measured – we look to see if the pattern is normal, too fast, too slow or erratic,” says Julio Perez, MD, Director of Echocardiography for Barnes-Jewish Hospital. “We can also learn if there is abnormality in the shape or size of the heart. An EKG is a good first test, and can show when there is an irregularity that would be associated with heart disease.”

However, an EKG is not very accurate in evaluating the pumping ability of the heart. For that, an echocardiogram is recommended.

According to Dr. Perez, “An echocardiogram (echo) is an ultrasound of the heart. It shows the internal structure, and how the blood flows through it. The echo measures the size and shape of the heart, how well the valves are functioning, how the left and right side communicate, and the velocity of the blood leaving the heart.”

The echo is used to diagnose coronary artery disease, heart valve disorders, enlargement or thickening of the heart muscle. Dr. Perez adds, “The stress echo combines the information from an EKG and the echo into one test. It can raise the accuracy of the diagnostic test into the 80th percentile. Echos are especially helpful in diagnosing heart problems in women.”

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I get it - I'm not one that runs to the doc very often, but looking for extra trouble is what cardiologists do, lol. This guy has been DH's doc for at least 10 years and we trust him.

I've had some concerns since DD passed and because of that, he wants to do a full workup. I believe that if DD had been more concerned with her own health that she might still be alive. I can't do that to my family - thus - total workup. He also believes that everyone should have a thorough cardiac examination when they reach the age of 60. I'm "a few" years past 60, lol.

“When you have an EKG, your heart’s electrical efficiency is measured – we look to see if the pattern is normal, too fast, too slow or erratic,” says Julio Perez, MD, Director of Echocardiography for Barnes-Jewish Hospital. “We can also learn if there is abnormality in the shape or size of the heart. An EKG is a good first test, and can show when there is an irregularity that would be associated with heart disease.”

However, an EKG is not very accurate in evaluating the pumping ability of the heart. For that, an echocardiogram is recommended.

According to Dr. Perez, “An echocardiogram (echo) is an ultrasound of the heart. It shows the internal structure, and how the blood flows through it. The echo measures the size and shape of the heart, how well the valves are functioning, how the left and right side communicate, and the velocity of the blood leaving the heart.”

The echo is used to diagnose coronary artery disease, heart valve disorders, enlargement or thickening of the heart muscle. Dr. Perez adds, “The stress echo combines the information from an EKG and the echo into one test. It can raise the accuracy of the diagnostic test into the 80th percentile. Echos are especially helpful in diagnosing heart problems in women.”

I was "sent" to have all that done in 2021--- the bottom line I was told, " you have a normal heart for a woman your age"
WTH does that mean??? hahahaha I dont want to be normal for my are I want to be fantastically above normal lolol
??is anything clogged, do I need to do???? something better/different??? all that money and I know nothing.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was "sent" to have all that done in 2021--- the bottom line I was told, " you have a normal heart for a woman your age"
WTH does that mean???
That's why I already warned this doc that I'm a challenging patient. My DH has a great relationship/friendship with this guy and warned him that I'm not one of those folks who thinks MD means "medical deity." I don't just take their word for anything - I ask tons of questions and demand an explanation that I can understand. My body, my decisions and my right to know!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
?is anything clogged, do I need to do???? something better/different??? all that money and I know nothing.
Did you ASK? I'm like FEM....ask until you get an answer, even question the answer if not concise. My mother always got more info when I began going along -- better results too, when I controlled her eats.