Gardening 2011

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Definitely basil. Basil=heaven! Love love love to just smell it! I never grow enough to make pesto. This year I will!

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. This is exactly what I've been dreaming about all day long. Dreaming about next year... Ahh, it's the easiest part of gardening. :lol:

I have a few experiments planned for next year. And a to do list that is growing as I type this.
1. Order Seeds
Tomatoes-Romas and Brandywines ( Our garden is usually about 80% Tomato I can't get enough! So that tom garden Henrietta23 posted sounds awesomely good.)
Cauliflower/Broccoli
Strawberries
Cucumbers
Carrots/Radishes
Melons
leeks
green onions
peas
Heirloom pumpkins
Chard/ lettuces
peppers
Heirloom three sisters garden. Corn beans and squash. We did this the last couple years and I love it.
2. Build a cold frame. I'm so excited I saw the perfect window in the alley on my way to Church. So I did a little garbage pickin' :p Just have to watch craigslist for some other materials.
3. Create some raised beds. This will be a first for me.

What is the name of the sister forum for gardening? I saw it a little while back and I think I would like to join.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The Easy Garden. If you look down at the bottom of the page you should see a link. That's how I found this forum-it was linked to BYC.

flossy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Is it okay for me to say what I am doing this season? January is summer time down this end of the world.

I only have a teeny garden, we are renting at the moment.
I have put in corn, tomatoes, pepper (sweet and hot), beans, peas (I love the sugar snaps too), a bunch of different lettuces, zuchinni, shallots, onions and sunflowers.

In pots I have ready for planting at our new house when we actually buy one, strawberries, boysenberries, olive, feijoa, raspberries, black and red currents.

I do have a couple of flowers around the place, but I usually garden by the theory if I can't eat why grow it.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Flossy, where do you live? And yeah, you can post what you have growing. It makes spring and summer seem that much closer.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I need to have another big bonfire top burn up the last of the brush from tree trimming. I have a pile on the garden, a pile in the front yard and one in the back yard!
Since it a beautiful sunshiny day, I may just do that before we go skiing!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Um, SKR8PN, a couple of goats would take care of that, and turn it into milk in the process......

:D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Um, SKR8PN, a couple of goats would take care of that, and turn it into milk in the process......

:D
Hey Free, this is a garden thread, not a goat thread!!!! :gig You are so bad!!!!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My two biggest gardens are currently on the spots in my pasture that had the worst weeds....thanks to my garden helpers, the goats and the chickens and the guineas.....I have productive gardens there now! Hee-hee! :D