GIRLS ONLY PLEASE.. How do we cure this..

Tbird

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thank you:) This type of forum is right up my alley. If I can do it myself, why buy it? That's what I usually say.

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I almost peed reading this thread, btw.

Well, someone mentioned something about if it was for surely a yeast infection or another type of infection.

Then, a few years ago I thought I had a yeast infection. I was dealing with something down there. When I was younger, I was very prone to Bacterial Vaginosis, and every time I got it, I had to go on these awful pills. After a while, things down there were good for many years. I didn't want to go get those nasty pills...

I asked a few of my friends about it and they said-if you douche with baking soda, and it burns a little-its a yeast infection.

So, I hop in the tub, solution in hand/D-bag, and go to town.

OHMYWORD.

It didn't burn a little, it burned like mad! I wont go into details, but I knew it was a yeast infection, and I was pretty sure I burned it off.

A few minutes later, I had the composure to get something to "clean the pipes".

I thought about putting Raw ACV in the D-bag, but then I remembered the volcano experiments in grade school, so I chose plain water.

After the burning subsided (it took about an hour) I call my friend that talked about the BS, and what I should do next. She suggested a douche with tea tree oil, and do a plain yogurt suppository.

I didn't have any yogurt, but I had the Tea Tree Oil. I did 2 TTO Ds a day for about 3 days. I also changed my undies every time. Then, I re-tested with a BS D. No burning pain!

Now, if I think I have one, I prepare my mind and body for a test -a BS D, then I do a couple TTO Ds. It is usually gone within a day or so.

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I thought about putting Raw ACV in the D-bag, but then I remembered the volcano experiments in grade school, so I chose plain water
:yuckyuck
Someone please make this mental image go away!

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ranchy goes to poke her mind's eyes out....... giggling the whole time.

And who says you'll never need what you learned in school!

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, back on a serious note... :)

Chlorine in water can also cause susceptibility to yeast infections. You don't wanna know how long it took us to figure that out, or how long it took to clear it up in both of us.

Also, two other IMPORTANT things that can cause itching that FEELS like a yeast infection:

Allergy to Tampons. If you have this, then the longer you use tampons, the worse it gets - by the end of a period you'll feel like hamburger down there (causes itching, then inflammation, can make the cervix VERY sore and you'll feel it). Periods will also last longer, and be WAY heavier, it can affect fertility (fertilized eggs don't implant so well in a uterus that is constantly healing from the inflammation that can be so bad it travels up that far).

Allergy to Toilet Paper. Usually just causes itching, will be all over, not just in the vaginal area. Some of the big name brands seem to be worse about this than some of the cheaper ones. Can be caused by perfumes, or by chemicals used to treat the paper.

Both of those allergies are much more common than anyone realizes - I mean, it isn't the kind of thing you use as a conversation starter. :p

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
Ok, back on a serious note... :)

Chlorine in water can also cause susceptibility to yeast infections. You don't wanna know how long it took us to figure that out, or how long it took to clear it up in both of us.

Also, two other IMPORTANT things that can cause itching that FEELS like a yeast infection:

Allergy to Tampons. If you have this, then the longer you use tampons, the worse it gets - by the end of a period you'll feel like hamburger down there (causes itching, then inflammation, can make the cervix VERY sore and you'll feel it). Periods will also last longer, and be WAY heavier, it can affect fertility (fertilized eggs don't implant so well in a uterus that is constantly healing from the inflammation that can be so bad it travels up that far).

Allergy to Toilet Paper. Usually just causes itching, will be all over, not just in the vaginal area. Some of the big name brands seem to be worse about this than some of the cheaper ones. Can be caused by perfumes, or by chemicals used to treat the paper.

Both of those allergies are much more common than anyone realizes - I mean, it isn't the kind of thing you use as a conversation starter. :p
There may be an allergy to chlorine going on there. Both of those products are bleached with it. I thought of this, cause my Mom in law is allergic to chlorine. She also can't use bleached flour and white or brown sugar. The brown sugar is usually white sugar with molasses added too it. She can use the ones that are "unbleached cane sugar" fine. All sugar should be limited with yeast infections though, since it makes the stuff reproduce more.

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
write a diary of everything you remember eating or doing the few days right before a yeast infection. I finally figured out My triggers: #1 is too much sugar, as in homemade candy, drinking OJ or other juices more than rarely. chlorine exposure through water or laundry. I have caught yeast infections from my DH. And panty liners, certain brands.

I've binged this holiday season, so am paying the price. Will try these home remedies. Now I'll be checking the TP as well.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lwheelr said:
Well, except ALL toilet paper is bleached. But only some causes the reaction.
ONCE saw unbleached TP. I buy unbleached coffee filters (actually I don't buy them anymore -- I got YEARS' worth for a couple dollars when they clearanced it out). I look for unbleached flour (can't find in bigger than 5# bags. It's hard to find many products unbleached.