GIRLS ONLY PLEASE.. How do we cure this..

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
:gig DH keeps asking "what is so funny?" :duc nope, not sayin!!!!! All I say is "stuff on SS" and that seems to abate him.

Here's to great feelin cooter!!! woot!!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:gig I wonder how many of the boys have been lookie-looing around here and sprayed beer through the nose onto the keyboard.!!!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL I bet a few.

I've come close to choking on my breakfast from laughing a few times. This HAS been a great thread, LOL!

MountainMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Better to open a capsule of acidophilous or a multi-strain capsule, as found in the refrigerated health section. Put it on a tampon and insert overnight. It's a more effective way to colonize with more friendly bacteria than just yogurt.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK. I got a rip roaring yeast infection a few weeks ago. I have a variety of yeast that will not cure with over the counter medicaitons.. I have tried a number of natural things over the years and they did not work, or maybe I didn't give them enough time,,, but heck, I can only put up with it for so long before Im beggin for something that works

I've had to use a prescription med that costs $40.... I always try to keep a box on hand just in case.

This time I looked at the box and its $40 price tag plus the fact that I have to drive a long ways to get more plus having to go to a new doctor and the whole deal... I decided it was time to try something alternative again.

A couple of years ago my dog got a yeast infection in his ear. I used a forumula I found on the net composed of boric acid and gentian violet. It cured him right up without problems,,, except that he hated me putting it in his ears... it was a wresting match each time

Many articles have been written on using both of these for common yeast infections... but gentian violet is messy and stains.. so I went for just the boric acid. I capped up 14 pills in 00 caps and inserted one each night.

Yogurt never worked for me but I used it anyway during the day becasue it felt good and relieved the burning. I felt good about using my own homemade goats milk yogurt with cultures I was sure of.

Long about day 7 or 8 I felt like the yeast was gone. I continued up through day 12 just becasuse they said you needed to do it for 2 weeks.. now I am several weeks post infection... the boric acid and my homemade yogurt really works... I am unsure about how helpful the yogurt really was toward the cure because it never worked on its own before.

I really have no idea how dangerous boric acid is for the body... totally clueless but it didn't kill me nor did I have any kind of side effect and I figured it can't be much worse that the drugs I had been using.

Will I use it again? Yes, unless I find out more about it that seems inappropriate to use it.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, I'm not a girl (that I'm aware of :p ) but I did read this thread. After all, how could I not with a title like that? I gotta say, while I did get some entertainment out of this, I do feel for ya'll. Plus, it gave me some helpful info for myself. Not all yeast infections are cooter based :)lau :gig :gig pickled cooter :lol: ) and for some of us, this info would also be good. I know I haven't had any infections in certain areas since I went on the 'biotics. I'm also trying to take prebiotics instead of probiotics because the pre works with your natural biotics to create more of whats there, the pro introduces stuff that isn't necessarily there naturally (plus can actually be harmful if you are lactose intolerant [I believe?])
Thanks again for the help! I know the next time my nether regions start to itch alot I know what to do!

:thumbsup

p.s. just so we are clear, my problems don't have anything to do with being unhygenic (and I'm not implying yours do, but guys have this reputation :rolleyes: ) but have alot to do with living for several years with misdiagnosed body issues. diagnosed crohns but actually gluten intolerant. go figure :smack trust me, I know all about the nasties :sick :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeast infections and breast cancer aren't just for girls...true true.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wow this is an old thread..

Glad to say.. My sister in law tried the yogurt.. It seemed to help.. I should have made her ask on here.. But she was too embarrassed.. LOL..

Hope this thread helps others out..

Tbird

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I know that this is an old thread, but it is definately a helpfull and entertaining one! My husband is asleep and I almost woke him up snorting at the pickled cooter comment! :lol: I can't believe I haven't come over to this site before now.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I can one up the yogurt treatment. Kefir.
Topically and orally.

And removal of all refined foods.
If refined foods are removed, then one should not need to remove natural carohydrates.
The body does not use real food in the same way it uses refined foods ;)