Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Navajo, Sam got to come home today. :) She took a 4 hour nap as soon as she got here.

I'm getting some of the recipes from an e book I ordered called simply "The Paleo Cookbook", some from Mark's Daily Apple, some just from searching on line in different food blogs etc. :) The beet soup recipe came from Country Living Magazine. Sam had to eat hospital food for two days and I wanted to get a really healthy soup into her ASAP.

I added chipotle seasoning to the "adult" version of the soup. It made it even better.

Okiegirl, did I mention that goat's milk anything (and sheep's milk too) is supposed to be very easy to digest for most people? I got the goat cheese stuffed peppers recipe off the bag the peppers came in. :p

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Navajo, Sam got to come home today. :) She took a 4 hour nap as soon as she got here.

I'm getting some of the recipes from an e book I ordered called simply "The Paleo Cookbook", some from Mark's Daily Apple, some just from searching on line in different food blogs etc. :) The beet soup recipe came from Country Living Magazine. Sam had to eat hospital food for two days and I wanted to get a really healthy soup into her ASAP.

I added chipotle seasoning to the "adult" version of the soup. It made it even better.

Okiegirl, did I mention that goat's milk anything (and sheep's milk too) is supposed to be very easy to digest for most people? I got the goat cheese stuffed peppers recipe off the bag the peppers came in. :p
EXCELLENT! So glad she made it through with flying colors and is already home to heal. Did the package get there today?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Not yet. :) She is recovering very nicely and not in any pain!!! I just can't believe it. She just had her throat carved up (2 hour surgery) and cauterized, and she isn't in any pain! It is beyond me.

Breakfast:
Eggs
tangerine
water

Lunch:
sweet potato fries
nitrate free chicken brats
water

Dinner plans:
homemade chicken salad on big bed of greens
water

Dessert
homemade ice cream

recipe:
4 egg yolks (I used duck)
2 cups raw milk
1 quart raw cream
1/2 cup raw honey
5 TBLS cocoa powder

wisk well put in freezer, take out every 40 minutes and wisk again 2-3 more times (Thank you Neco Chan for the non ice cream maker directions.)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Breakfast:
kefir, blueberries and raw honey
water

Lunch:
leftover chicken salad
water

Dinner:
chili rubbed steak tacos!
ingredients:
rub:
1TBSP chili
1/4 tsp cinnamon
two garlic cloves crushed sea salt (I used my alderwood smoked sea salt)

recipe called for sirloin, but I can't make it not come out hard as shoe leather, so I used 2 thin cut ribeyes.
1 cup or so shredded purple cabbage
diced tomatoes

avacado lime dressing:
2 avacados
fresh lime juice from 2 small limes
3 TBSP diced red onion
1/4 tsp cumin and (smoked) sea salt
I could have added cilantro and jalapenos, but I was out)

all served on (CHEATING A BIT HERE) organic corn tortillas

FANTASTIC and full of flavor!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey Dace!

Breakfast:
I cut bell pepper rings and fried an egg in each one...a new twist on an old idea usning bread instead "one eyed eggs".
water

Lunch:
leftover steak taco filling, steak, shredded cabbage and guac. (no tortillas)
water

Dinner plans:
green curry chicken made with green curry paste, coconut milk, straw mushrooms, celery, bell peppers and onions
water

raw cream, and honey chocolate ice cream for dessert!

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MAN! You come up with some good meals. I'm jealous!

I generally don't get home from work until around 7:30 or so, so have to whip something quick up for the kiddos and even though it is whole foods cooked by me, sometimes we have some interesting (blah) meals! HA!

I tried the once a month cooking once and it did help during the week to just reheat something but that one FULL day of cooking just about did me in. :lol:

I'm going to copy down most of the meals you have listed here and steal them for myself and the kids (and you can't stop me! BWAHAHAHAA!!!).

Sam still doing well?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
She is doing great, thanks for asking!

Navajo, I understand totally the blah-ness of foods. I was getting sick of my old standbys as well. I have done some searching for more flavorful dishes lately. Do you have a crock pot? I found this great blog http://www.lifeasaplate.com/2011/03/24/thai-beef-lettuce-wraps/ with some crock pot recipes for us. :) Tonight I'm making the thai beef lettuce wraps, tomorrow I'm going to make her shredded chicken stuffed bell peppers. I've actually found some great food blogs (for folks eating this way) on facebook. I will share every one of them.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
She is doing great, thanks for asking!

Navajo, I understand totally the blah-ness of foods. I was getting sick of my old standbys as well. I have done some searching for more flavorful dishes lately. Do you have a crock pot? I found this great blog http://www.lifeasaplate.com/2011/03/24/thai-beef-lettuce-wraps/ with some crock pot recipes for us. :) Tonight I'm making the thai beef lettuce wraps, tomorrow I'm going to make her shredded chicken stuffed bell peppers. I've actually found some great food blogs (for folks eating this way) on facebook. I will share every one of them.
Only have a minute here, but wanted to say I am REALLY glad Sam is bouncing back so quickly!

And yes, yes I DO have a crock pot (amd Am a crack pot! :lol:) so will be checking out the blog when I get more time. Please DO share the other sites. We are getting sick of the old "quick" standard meals here!

I noticed today that I have lost another notch in the belt (in the BAD direction) so am determined to get this under control!

I really appreciate your help especially know some of the other "stuff" you're dealing with.

Take care!

Tom

Latest posts