Green Burial

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I like YOUR sig line, Morel! My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup
Maybe we will be neighbors, wouldn't that be wonderful! Imagine what a hobby farm in heaven would be like???? Perfect!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
In a perfect world I'd like to be fed to the tigers at the zoo or put out for buzzards, but as that is not likely to actually happen :p, I do like the idea of green (i.e. traditional!) burial. However *that* is not likely to happen *either*, it seems, statistically, so my preference is to donate my body to a medical school so that someone at least gets some use out of it.

I'd rather feed tigers though :)

Pat

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
In a perfect world I'd like to be fed to the tigers at the zoo or put out for buzzards, but as that is not likely to actually happen :p, I do like the idea of green (i.e. traditional!) burial. However *that* is not likely to happen *either*, it seems, statistically, so my preference is to donate my body to a medical school so that someone at least gets some use out of it.

I'd rather feed tigers though :)

Pat
You're too funny Pat! Fed to the lions...:ep

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
SKR8PN said:
MorelCabin said:
Umm, you do know that Biblically speaking anyone in the Bible that was cremnated was cursed in some way...seriously. I'd look into that a little deeper if i were you...
My thoughts on this are in my signature line. :cool:
No offense...but i was refering to Bee, and didn't ask for anyones thoughts:>) :hugs
Harsh. Isn't this a public forum? :rolleyes:

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As for me, I do have one pall bearer lined up. All the rest will have to be paid. :lol:

Speaks volumes as to the kind of guy I am doesn't it! :idunno

Pat, I assume that you want your earth suit to be fed to the lions after you expire.

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Where did you get this information? The only information I can find on the middle ages was Christians killing pagans and gnostics during the Crusades where they burned them to death by the thousands and gouged their eyes out if they would not convert. Many of the modern pagans still refer to this era as "the burning times".

Recently a friend of mine went to Scotland to revisit her family castle where her ancestors came from. She was astonished because in that area there were hardly any trees to be seen. She asked the locals about it and it seems during the Crusades all the trees were destroyed and burned millions of acres during the Crusades because the Celts in the area adored trees. The orders given was that not one twig or seedling was to remain. Hundreds of acres were salted to discourage growth.

You do realize as well that paganism covers a wide range of beliefs as it is any beliefs that do not fit into the three major religions.

The majority of the early Christians that did not approve of cremation were those that thought their actual body rose from the dead and considered it abhorrent to burn bodies thinking the pagans lost hope their loved one could not rise from the dead. Some of the pagan sects believed that when they released the ashes (or scattering) that their ashes created new life and the person lived on. Some pagans buried their dead.

Cremation regained much new life with burning of diseased (plague etc) bodies to stop the spread of illness.

I am Taoist and the ancient beliefs in regards to cremation were that to not burn the body held the spirit energy down to earth. It was considered highly evil and disrespectful to leave your relatives just lying around with their spirit trapped in this world. If you did not attend a families funeral you were considered to have bad Chi (evil spirit) and were shunned by your family for good. That person's belongings were also burned. Of course most of Taoism is philosophy now. :D

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My dislike of cremation has nothing to do with standard religion, I'm a Pantheist, to me Nature is sacred. I want to be planted, in a pine box, unembalmed, not in a concrete vault (the way they demand you do it here in MA), and I want an oak tree planted on top of me. I am of the earth, and I want to return to the earth. Why they bury people in vaults is beyond me, we should rot the way all formerly living things do, and return from whence we came. Note I'm not talking about the spirit, I'm talking about the physical vessel.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
My dislike of cremation has nothing to do with standard religion, I'm a Pantheist, to me Nature is sacred. I want to be planted, in a pine box, unembalmed, not in a concrete vault (the way they demand you do it here in MA), and I want an oak tree planted on top of me. I am of the earth, and I want to return to the earth. Why they bury people in vaults is beyond me, we should rot the way all formerly living things do, and return from whence we came. Note I'm not talking about the spirit, I'm talking about the physical vessel.
:thumbsup

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
I like that!