Green Burial

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
OK, so it is a matter of free will. If you didn't have a choice, you aren't held accountable.

That reminds me though about this psychology prof who asked me once if I believed in free will. I'm still not sure what he was getting at. Maybe that we are reactionary creatures. :idunno

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Embalming is a requirement in some states and/or areas, here in Massachusetts, it's a requirement for a buried body, cremation lets you off on that one. I'm looking into Maine's requirements (I do know if you own more than 5 acres up there you can still have a family plot).
I think there are ways around it depending on the state; refrigeration and immediate (or timely) burial.

I think that Judaism and Islam prohibit embalming also so a state would have a hard time requiring embalming if the burial were to happen within 24 hours.

This is another one of those topics where the answer depends on where you live (or are going to be buried).

Here is an interesting article about the subject.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2004/afamilyundertaking/askanexpert/special_askanexpert_02.html

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
sylvie said:
MorelCabin said:
No offense...but i was refering to Bee, and didn't ask for anyones thoughts:>) :hugs
Harsh. Isn't this a public forum? :rolleyes:
I thought the same thing, but then, my daddy always taught me not to pay any attention to sh!t unless you were stepping in it. :lol:
Awww, I said my piece and then gave you a hug...would you like another one? :hugs

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
SKR8PN said:
sylvie said:
Harsh. Isn't this a public forum? :rolleyes:
I thought the same thing, but then, my daddy always taught me not to pay any attention to sh!t unless you were stepping in it. :lol:
Awww, I said my piece and then gave you a hug...would you like another one? :hugs
No thanks. Homey don't swing that way. ;)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
MorelCabin said:
SKR8PN said:
No thanks. Homey don't swing that way. ;)
swing that way? what do you mean?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Dac, you are correct about Judaism not allowing embalming & burying within 24 hrs. No autopsies either for them.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Haha...delete your posts ladies so I can have some fun with this one...just kidding...maybe this will help him...this is me:>)

MorelCabin

ighflh.jpg

*Hugs*

Latest posts