Halloween

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My daughter will be 7 months old at Halloween, so she doesn't care, but we know a lot of people who are like, "So! What are you going to dress her as?" And we're totally just going to put her in some cute hand-me-down winter clothes that make her look vaguely like a polar bear and call it done. I can't imagine making a huge deal out of it, as she has no clue... but then we know people making elaborate baby costumes. Alas.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ninjas were popular when my boys were small, so we just dressed them in sweat suits (matching tops and bottoms) and added a strip of white sheeting for a head sash ( I usually painted the appropriate dragon symbol or some such design on the head band) and... instant ninja!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Instant ninja, that sounds like something I would do. I do prefer to keep it a little more scary. When my kids got older tho they did get to pick what they wanted (within reason) LOL.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Scotty
you are so right....save your money. NOW while the baby is young. Cause when that kid gets older then the spending begins..LOL

Nicole got very little as a baby, I didn't spend money on all the junk items other people did, and they looked at me crazy like...HA HA...but I know now at 3 she is wanting more and more.....not that she is going to get it but the price of items are higher as they get older.......Tony desperately wanted to buy a $300 John Deere Gator buggy for her to drive...heck no, LOL, I said she must learn to pedal and such first. No car for her for a long time. Heck, I have to start saving now for her REAL car when she is 16..LOL-LOL

So save now when a baby, they don't know the difference, only adults do and they tend to pressure ya sometimes....let it slide and do your own thing! Smart!!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I second that Farmerchick, to much these days it is a matter of keeping up with JONES. Children that small will not remember what clothes they wear or toys they played with....good for you ScottyG.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
What gets me is when parents take the baby out in a stroller & collect candy for it. It can't eat it yet!!! I am talking under a yr. I know they are collecting candy for themselves. Plus they have no other children with them. When we were kids my cuz & I went one yr in OKC(my brother was in the hospital there) & I had his pumpkin & asked for candy for him, some gave it to me & some did not, but at least he did not miss out on Halloween completely. The majority of people gave it to me.
I also remember we used to sit down & go thru it all after we were done & the trade for things we liked with each other. then we also made a pile for our dad of the things we did not like at all & he did.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes this is november 2ne. I know that but I wanted to show this pic and this is the only way I could think of.
eek.jpg

I guess you have to click on it. It is my crawler. I hope everyones Halloween was pleasant. :)

I guess you dont have to click on it, its here already.