How I Am Celebrating Earth Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
On the ground????? What a total waste!!! You could be painting that on your barns and on your baby beds!!! :he When are you people going to learn to recycle??? :old

:lol: :lol: :lol: This meeting of P.I.S.S.I. is now called to order......

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
ScottSD said:
DrakeMaiden said:
dragonlaurel said:
Computers do have lots of nasty stuff involved. At least turn them in to be recycled once you're done with any of the equipment. I think Office Depot takes them.
Yes, but have you read about what happens to used "recycled" computers. I will give you a hint . . . they end up in China to be dismantled . . . but it is far worse than it sounds. :( When I read about it, I was so disgusted, that I decided to give up on using computers and techno gadgets. I just want no part of it.
No part of it?

Me thinks your self-righteousness is a bit mis-guided.....

So.....what is the difference in you OWNING one and USING one?

I say this because you are somehow communicating on this website. A website that likely uses computers to communicate with the rest of the world wide web. There are plastics in those computers.

Also, there are plastics on cell phones, cell phone towers.

There were plastics used in designing these things as well.

So.....You are still contributing to a situation you say YOU have a PROBLEM with.....

So, if techno gadgets are so bad, why are you using them?
ROFL

So I am self-righteous for not owning a computer OR a cell phone. OK.

I don't participate by not buying. Yes, I use a computer, it is not mine. Since I have access to this computer, I do use it. If I did not, I would not. Simple as that.

I am perfectly happy minding my own business and not communicating with the outside world. LOL That is why I am not here daily.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I am perfectly happy minding my own business
My bad. It just didn't sound like you were minding your own business when you self righteously made these comments putting down another poster:

DrakeMaiden said:
I personally do not find it funny either. Would you smear your bodily waste on the interior walls of your house and then have a good laugh about it? Really? Because it is essentially the same thing, except that we ALL live here and are ALL affected by the actions of those around us . . . and bodily waste is at least biodegradable.

How would your father feel if you walked into HIS house and smeared your bodily wastes on HIS walls? Do you think he would just chuckle and clean it up?
Then when you appeared to put down anyone who OWNED a computer even though you USE a computer (which does as much so-called damage to the environment as owning one) I was really confused.

But I guess it has always confused me when people who use various technologies put down those same technologies.

Like I said. I must have read your posts differently than you intended them to be.

...........So my bad. Have a nice weekend. :frow

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ScottSD said:
DrakeMaiden said:
I am perfectly happy minding my own business
My bad. It just didn't sound like you were minding your own business when you self righteously made these comments putting down another poster:

DrakeMaiden said:
I personally do not find it funny either. Would you smear your bodily waste on the interior walls of your house and then have a good laugh about it? Really? Because it is essentially the same thing, except that we ALL live here and are ALL affected by the actions of those around us . . . and bodily waste is at least biodegradable.

How would your father feel if you walked into HIS house and smeared your bodily wastes on HIS walls? Do you think he would just chuckle and clean it up?
Then when you appeared to put down anyone who OWNED a computer even though you USE a computer (which does as much so-called damage to the environment as owning one) I was really confused.

But I guess it has always confused me when people who use various technologies put down those same technologies.

Like I said. I must have read your posts differently than you intended them to be.

...........So my bad
Scott? Why do you have to jump in here and be rude?

*edited because I was being rude.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Really???? I was putting someone down? Or was I just explaining how the "joke" made me feel by using an analogy?

I personally respect the place I live, which happens to be the same planet where we all live. Maybe some day we can go ahead and trash it and live on space stations or something, but I'm not holding my breath. I would rather take care of the only place I know of as home.

I AM happy enough minding my own business. That doesn't mean I am NEVER allowed to speak my mind, in this "free" country. :p

I think, Scott, that you like to think in black & white. Well, unfortunately the world is full of all kinds of shades of gray.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Really???? I was putting someone down? Or was I just explaining how the "joke" made me feel by using an analogy?

I personally respect the place I live, which happens to be the same planet where we all live. Maybe some day we can go ahead and trash it and live on space stations or something, but I'm not holding my breath. I would rather take care of the only place I know of as home.

I AM happy enough minding my own business. That doesn't mean I am NEVER allowed to speak my mind, in this "free" country. :p

I think, Scott, that you like to think in black & white. Well, unfortunately the world is full of all kinds of shades of gray.
Like I said, I might have misunderstood you. Maybe I thought you were one of those "people just get joy form being contrary."

" That doesn't mean I am NEVER allowed to speak my mind, in this "free" country."
We are?

I was under the impression that wasn't the case.

Anyway, sorry if I misunderstood you. And have a good weekend.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Quick read my post before it is changed!
Or the thread you are in might disappear altogether!
Isn't it great?

Maybe if you played nicely that wouldn't happen all the time.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Scott, there is a big difference between "misunderstanding" someones comments & baiting them into confrontations as you've done & once you see she's not so helpless, you slither away under the guise of politeness

Status
Not open for further replies.