How much do you pay for butter?

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, DH doesn't believe in such things as life insurance! He has been told he has high cholesterol, but chooses to ignore such annoyances. I guess if he croaks, he croaks!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Croaking is one thing, but what usually happens is they have a heart attack, go to the hospital, get all kinds of prescriptions, have a stroke, go to the hospital, get MORE prescriptions, have multiple surgeries and end up using up ALL the families resources and THEN they croak.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I paid $4.49 for a pound Kate's Butter at the grocery store yesterday. Store brand regular price was $3.19. It was worth it!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Croaking is one thing, but what usually happens is they have a heart attack, go to the hospital, get all kinds of prescriptions, have a stroke, go to the hospital, get MORE prescriptions, have multiple surgeries and end up using up ALL the families resources and THEN they croak.
In that case; tie him to the bed or lock him in the closet and you'll be fine. ;)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Henrietta23 said:
I paid $4.49 for a pound Kate's Butter at the grocery store yesterday. Store brand regular price was $3.19. It was worth it!
Um, what is Kate's Butter?
It's a Maine butter produced by a family in Old Orchard Beach. It's delicious. Hubby bought it at Market Basket in NH for $3.89 a pound this past weekend.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Henrietta23 said:
Um, what is Kate's Butter?
:lol: Silly me, I assumed you had post #10 committed to memory!

1stepcloser

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Whole Foods has the best butter I have ever tasted in my life. It is made by the Amish and is just rolled up in wax paper. It was close to $2 a lb....but so worth it. YUM!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Kate's is a high end butter and typically goes for that price, but even here in mediocre land no-named butter at save-a-lot is still $1.99 a pound.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't know current prices...gotta check

got store brand delish sweet cream butter for $1.25/lb on sale.
Stocked up like crazy. I went butter mad!!!!

Alton Brown on Good Eats (food network) said butter is good frozen for six - seven months.

So I am over that I think. I got alot! :)

We don't use much butter and my freezer is full at that $1.25/lb price..LOL