How much do you pay for butter?

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Now that I know that you can freeze it I will also stock up when the price is low.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Buttered white bread with sugar sprinkled all over it....:drool

Sorry just daydreaming for a sec. :D
That can't be good for you - can it?
I have buttered crackers at night for a snack, sometimes a half a stick and a tube of saltines.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
big brown horse said:
Buttered white bread with sugar sprinkled all over it....:drool

Sorry just daydreaming for a sec. :D
That can't be good for you - can it?
I have buttered crackers at night for a snack, sometimes a half a stick and a tube of saltines.
Are you my long lost twin? Nothing better than buttered saltines!!!

Growing up all my bread had to be brown :sick and all my friend's had that soft delicious white bread...I was so jealous. I still can't bring myself to buy white bread, but that doesn't mean I don't crave it!!

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Because I don't go to the store but every two months I freeze all my bread, I buy a mix of both. The only time I ever get that nice soft gooey white paste that sticks to the roof of your mouth bread is the day I get back from shopping and make some of my famous tin of tuna and mayo luncheon samiches (much celery too). Dog face loves the crust.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:drool

All this talk about food and dogs (and bears and chickens!) is keeping me from cleaning out that chicken coop!!!!!

I gotta go!!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
No . . . don't go . . . I was going to say I used to love Ritz crackers with butter AND peanut butter. You know, you make little "sandwiches" of fat. :drool

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
freemotion said:
mrs.puff said:
I find it pretty funny that on my tub of Country Crock there's a little green checkmark for the "smart choices" program, and it says "slowly churned" on the side. Ha! As if!
I think they are referring to what happens when it gets into your tummy! :D
:lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Just in case anyone thinks it important (I do) most supermarket brands of unsalted butter have an additive (don't remember the name) to make it more "butter-y" flavored. I prefer to buy unsalted butter; I also prefer to buy my butter without that additive. As organic butter is not in my price range, I buy butter from Trader Joe's, which is the only brand I have found without this additive. Because of this I cna't tell you how much it costs - as it is the only one within my parameters it is as much as it is, and that is what I pay. When I go to TJ's, about once every 6 weeks, I stock up, and freeze enough to last until the next trip.
Interesting, ORChick. They also add colorant. :p Why do we need colorant in butter? It is beyond me.

Yeah, I buy the organic stuff and right now I'm paying nearly $6 for 4 sticks. That is lower than it was over a year ago. I will probably go poor keeping us in organic butter. :p