Hunting dog getting spoiled

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, how is the wife's dog taking to this newly "spoiled" attention to your dog? Of course, he is already spoiled.
Sometimes pictures speak louder than words.
Screenshot_20201024-111825~2.png

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So... I kid you not. My hunting dog is in the cave with me right now. I get a call from my next door neighbor asking me where Baxter (my hunting dog) is. I said he's right here with me. But he's pacing the floor, keeps going from the door to the window whining. John (my neighbor) says well let him out, we got left over catfish for him, he's always here for catfish. I smack myself on the forehead. I give up... Everyone wants to spoil my hunting dog. I'm not even going to try and fight it any longer, it's a loosing battle.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I asked my wife if she likes hanging out in the cave with the guys. She looks and says:

Lazy Dog 1
IMG_20201202_001511389.jpg

Lazy Dog 2
IMG_20201202_001519147.jpg

Then she said I would much rather hang out with you guys, girls are to prissy and gosip to much. You guys are all chilled and laid back and I can read my book in peace and quiet. Besides who's gonna get me with you guys hanging around?

So now I understand why she was wanting to spoil my hunting dog. It's for (protection/sense of security). We are out in the middle of nowhere, it's very peaceful, we guys don't talk much... And yeah I would like to see someone who's not welcome, try and get past us boys.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He's Officially Spoiled!

I went into to town to day. He ran up the road beside the truck for a 1/2 mile before he gave up the chase. I clocked him running 35 MPH in the ditch.

When I came back home, he was a little bit further up the road maybe a mile and must have heard me coming. He comes running out of a pasture with a rabbit in his mouth.

He ran beside the truck all the way home. When I got out of truck, he dropped the big ole rabbit at my feet, then sat and wagged his little nub. I patted him on the head and said in a happy reassuring voice: Oh what a nice present you brought me, good boy Baxter! He started doing his little happy dance. It's where he spins around barking.

So I put the rabbit on the hood of my truck and went into the cave and gave him one of my beef snack sticks, which he loves and he was very happy. I skinned the rabbit and put in a freezer bag and tossed in the freezer. He crushed it head, no injury to the body at all :(

But how much more hint does a guy need? The poor guy wants to go hunting, I guess I'll have to take him pretty soon. Now if I could just train him to bring me a whole deer, that would be really be great 🤣
IMG_20201213_234241827.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What could be better than a dog that brings you supper? :ya Cooking it for you? :lol:

Latest posts