I am curious: Who here doesn't use Wal-mart? Why??

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
sylvie said:
What hormones? I'm sitting here eatin chocolate. Maybe from Walmart. On topic.
Yeah, what hormones? Does someone have a problem with testosterone? Let me at 'em. ;)
Are you saying you want almonds in your Hershey bar?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
:D

Can't say I ever felt left out around here, although I know in my heart if there ever was a sexiest war us men would be out numbered and made into SS slaves to the woman around here...
LOL-LOL
yea we would recruit your wife somehow from behind the scenes to help us also.
LOL

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
:D

Can't say I ever felt left out around here, although I know in my heart if there ever was a sexiest war us men would be out numbered and made into SS slaves to the woman around here...
Can you grate soap? :D

Reaction score
hikerchick said:
okiegirl1 said:
hikerchick said:
I accidentally posted a reply for another thread in this thread. I am clearly losing my mind.

$7 an hour won't even pay rent. I make 5 times that and I struggle. I don't know how people do that unless they live with someone else.
you make 5 times $7 an hour? that's $35 an hour? and you struggle? sorry, but it sounds like you just need to learn where to cut back. I'm sorry, but if you can't make it on $35 an hour, you need to take a course on budgetting.
You have no idea what my expenses are. It's not good to judge people.
A lot of people on this forum would be blown away by differences in living expenses across the country.Some places a family of 4 could live for 35k a year. Other places a family of four would need 90k a year for the exact same house and living. Heck it varies drastically within a state. We had a house in Castle Rock for 186k. The very same house on the same size lot in Boulder was 276k. The 2 cities are about 90 miles apart. So we can't tell what Hc is doing. One thing for sure, it sounds like 7.00 an hour won't go far where HC lives.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
$7.00 an hour around here wouldn't get you anywhere - I don't know anyplace that pays that little, for anything. Retail here is $10.50 an hour or more, McDonald's pay starts at $10.00 and hour.

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
$7.00 an hour around here wouldn't get you anywhere - I don't know anyplace that pays that little, for anything. Retail here is $10.50 an hour or more, McDonald's pay starts at $10.00 and hour.
And housing in MA is through the roof. I looked to relocate there before I came to PA and I couldn't afford an 800 sq foot condo anywhere there were jobs.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our Bojangles had a sign out for work.

They listed their salary bases.

I was surprised. Register employees were $8-9
cooks were 10-14
(something else was listed)--maybe night shift?
management was like $55,000 a year --that surprised me but I guess they do work very hard as a manager

I told Tony if he loses his job to apply as manager..LOL

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
sylvie said:
We have Goodwill and Salvation Army. I see people loading carts with the 50% off tags. I recognized one lady who I know(she has quite a trust fund) and she told me she sells them on EBay!!! Not just the needy buying from thrift shops, I'll tell ya!
Disgusting!!! I sometimes feel guilty, like maybe I should be buying full price for my kids since I could afford to do so (although if I kept doing so, maybe I couldn't afford to after all!) That is really, really disgusting.
Never feel guilty buying at a Goodwill or Salvation Army! I would rather those "richies" and ebay sellers be buying at those stores than at a big retailer, because at least their money ends up going to a good cause. Both Goodwill and Salvation Army do great things with the money they make from second hand clothes! :D