IF we get a stimulus check?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Ok well to be honest, if we got the stimulus we would probably do as much of the following as we could:

Pay property taxes for the year
buy 4-5 pairs of jeans for my DD
roll of woven wire for pasture
2 head of beef, if there's enough after the other stuff....

Now this list is assuming we got the $1000 stimulus...$500 we wouldn't do that much with it..probably pay the taxes, get my daugher some pants, and the woven wire.
I'm jealous of being able to even touch property taxes wtih $1000 and still have some left over for clothing, wire and beef? Wow!!!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, our taxes are a whole lot more than 1000 every year :) I am just going to put it in the bank for a rainy day.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think I'll buy presents for all of you SS people. Heaven knows you need them. ;)

Pam'sPride gets daily foot massages until her new baby is out of diapers.

justusak gets 1000 paperwhite bulbs. May they all have $100 bills under them!

keljonma gets a new king sized mattress to stuff full of money.

FarmerChick gets a full day at the spa. She deserves it after dealing with all those hogs day in and day out.

Morel Cabin gets some of those blue dryer balls so she can save her dryer sheets for a piggy bank.

farmerlor gets fancy new stationary so she can write to her credit card companies and tell them where to stick it!

reinbeau gets a solid gold trophy for being mod of the year.

me & the gals gets $1000 worth of solar panel and $10,000 worth of tax credits

QuailAntwerp gets a chicken that lays golden eggs. I think it's the only breed she doesn't have yet.

sufficientforme gets a big fat piggy bank stuffed full of cash

Beekissed my dear, I'm going to have to buy you a huge package of TP. 1000 thread count, mind you. I'm afraid that using dollar bills is just a little too rich, even for us! :D

Now if I left anyone out, I apologize. Feel free to post and we'll see what rich Auntie Mary can come up with for you. After all, we're trying to stimulate the economy here. None of this boring saving stuff!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We will use ours to build a cover off the back of our house for shading the patio & all the windows for the summer(it is the south wall & 76 ft long). The patio will have the largest part & the rest will be an overhang to cover the walkway. If by any chance there is any left over then either concrete or fencing. I figure we could save it for a rainy day, but if we build this cover then we help to keep our house cooler in the summer & that saves us money on our elec bill each month & they can get pretty high in the summer here.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
poppycat
that was a cool list....you had me cracking up.

When can I go to the spa---and if I go I ain't coming back...LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Homestead Mom

that is a good idea a back porch roof......I would like one also.

I was thinking about the roll out shade thing....called Sun Screen or Sun Downer or heck, something like that. They have it electric and on a remote control....sounds so cool!

I want those awnings over my windows also. Have to look into them soon cause I truly think they will save me with less AC time in the summer.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea that ain't going to take care of my property taxes :(
I wish......

I hate those. I don't get anything for my money at all. roads seem crappy, there aren't any sidewalks, no street lights, nothing....what am I paying for....I sure don't see any perks from that money being paid..LOL

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Homestead Mom

that is a good idea a back porch roof......I would like one also.

I was thinking about the roll out shade thing....called Sun Screen or Sun Downer or heck, something like that. They have it electric and on a remote control....sounds so cool!

I want those awnings over my windows also. Have to look into them soon cause I truly think they will save me with less AC time in the summer.
I thought about one of those too, but we want it to go the full length of the back of the house & the sun would beat it up here so badly they probobly would not last too many summers here. We plan on making sun screens for all the windows too(asap as they usualy go up in March/April).