IF we get a stimulus check?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
Ok well to be honest, if we got the stimulus we would probably do as much of the following as we could:

Pay property taxes for the year
buy 4-5 pairs of jeans for my DD
roll of woven wire for pasture
2 head of beef, if there's enough after the other stuff....

Now this list is assuming we got the $1000 stimulus...$500 we wouldn't do that much with it..probably pay the taxes, get my daugher some pants, and the woven wire.
I'm jealous of being able to even touch property taxes wtih $1000 and still have some left over for clothing, wire and beef? Wow!!!
I'm sorry :( Our property taxes are only like $200 a year...maybe $300...so we pay them up with our tax return each year and have it out of the way. We live in a trailer, and that tax is $30-$35 a year.

We priced the fencing we want, it's about $130-$150 for 300 feet and we only need one roll of 300 feet.

I'll probably only put $30-$50 towards jeans for my daughter, if that much.

Now the beef, that's IF we can get a good deal on one or two head. The beef prices keep skyrocketing in our area.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you got the right approach...pay the most important then go down from there and stretch it out as far as you can!!!!

good deal!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Yea, I like to make it stretch as much as possible. If we don't get the beef, then I'll probably put it towards animal feed, stock up on the feeds.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quail if you know of a local processer who does beef, give them a call.....they ALWAYS need people to split a small beef with others....that way you might have money to get some beef in the freezer at a low price.

just a thought. if you can't raise it yourself, and someone else raised it good, hey, jump on that opportunity.

my guy always needs another person to split beef with customers. sometimes one is too big for a person and they need 1/2 sold to someone else......so maybe???

but doing this will be store prices anyday so it is a savings in your wallet.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Poppycat--thanks, you sweetie! Wouldn't it be cool if you could make it so??

Quailantwerp--not really jealous, you know. Glad that there are still lots of places in America where a person can live without being taxed to death.

Farmerchick--I know what you mean about the taxes... It's hard sometimes to figure out where ours are going, too. Then I remember our schools. Although they're always hurting for money, too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL I forgot about schools...LOL

they are a big chunk of change aren't they?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, we don't have a lot on yearly taxes, BUT there are no jobs where we live either. It's either survive off the land, or drive a long ways to work. :p

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'll be paying on my credit card...BOOOORRRRIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Like Tankshill, I'll believe it when I see it. We're probably on the list after more banks, investment firms, auto companies, state governments, roads and bridges, etc.

But if I do see it- the elusive wood stove................

I dream about it....................

:hit