JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
wow...I've never seen anything like that either....I would jump on that if it works!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
wow...I've never seen anything like that either....I would jump on that if it works!
The guy said he plugged it in the other day and it worked, I of COURSE want to see it myself. LOL I am hoping if it works, he will take $100 for it. :D

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hotels with "kitchenettes" often have those, and the older style drive up motel type often have them--we used one this past summer in our hotel in Victoria on Vancouver Island, the kids thought it was cute. Hope it works out for you!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is really cute. I think it would be perfect in your summer kitchen. :thumbsup Don't forget to offer just a tad less. ;)

g

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
That is really cute. I think it would be perfect in your summer kitchen. :thumbsup Don't forget to offer just a tad less. ;)

g
Yep, He is asking "$150 obo" After looking it over with a fine toothed comb, I plan to offer him $100. :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
10 NOV 2011 It is a frosty 31 degrees this morning as I head out to feed the animals. I opened the door and 9 cats rushed me! They were all trying to get in the warm house....ohhhh no, NOT gonna happen. I scoot them out while trying to hold my milk bucket, and a container of cat food. Tripping, cussing, spilling...I finally get out the door. Feed the cats and head to the barn. The grass is white with a heavy frost....the air is crisp, and the animals are waiting at the pasture gate for their breakfast. In the barn, everyone is excitedly talking to me, begging to be the first to be fed. PB pig momma( Juliette) and her girls are always first..just because she can open the gate for me while my hands are full of feed buckets. ( make em work for breakfast.) Once Suzie is in her milking stanchion, she calms down a bit. Her udders are warm on my cold hands, and vice versa. She gives a little jump untill she gets used to my cold hands. The smell of fresh warm milk rises from the bucket...tickling my nose...and the nose of Kiki, the cat. He paws at my hands wanting his squirts....so I oblige. Fill a small cup for him and set him on the barn ledge. Back to milking. Finish milking and give Suzie her brush down. She really loves her morning brushing....have to get her all prettied up before I turn her out where Fred, the buck can see her through the fence. ;) I open the gate to let he in her pasture, and she runs and jumps in the air, frisky in the cool morning...or showing off to Fred. He bawls and begs her to meet him at the fence....she runs over, says her good morning while I put hay in her feeder, then she comes running back to sample it....and start munching on her pumpkin. I head inside, grab the bucket, and head to the house. As I lock the gate, I notice my steps through the grass were not a straight path...and I giggle to myself. Looks like a drunk walked through there...but...it was me, and the cats! If you have cats, you KNOW how they will run ahead...and stop in the path...making you take a slight detour around them. Silly things.
I head to the coops...I want to open them wide this morning to air them out. See, I have big doors that open to the runs, with smaller pop doors for those rainy days. Today is sunny...so I open the big doors. Fresh air!! 4 pens of chickens and 2 pens of pigeons fed and watered...I head to the Duck hut..former Banty Shanty. Once inside I am greeted by 3 pens of loud, bossy, hungry ducks and a Goose. They all run to their doors, waiting on breakfast. I am trying to hurry, I swear, but I am also tripping over 3 kittens at the same time, who want my attention. Feed and water the turkey hut....open the windows to let in the sunshine and fresh air...and head to the house. ...again tripping over cats and kittens, waiting on their second breakfast. Either leftovers from the fridge, or old milk. This morning, it was milk. Happy cats...happy farm animals..I retire to the warmth of the wood stove, and my coffee. Today is laundry day...well...isn't almost every day? All is well this morning at Heavens Door Acres...let get this day started!