JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!! Typing in freecycle.org will probably help. I've been typing freecycle.com So now I will find it!!!!!!! As I said--operator error!!!!LOL

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad you found it, freecycle has been wonderful in my experience--tons of canning jars, the odd piece of free furniture, and some building materials including free windows for the greenhouse we hope to build in the next year or two :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not a whole lot going on here. My brother and his little girl came out Saturday, and spent the night here. We actually had a good day yesterday. Hubby and I loaded his truck with firewood...and he brought it over to the house. Once my brother got here...the 2 of them unloaded and stacked it in the back yard. So we have 1 rick in the garage, and one in the back yard.... BRING ON THE COLD WEATHER! :p After they finished that....we went to the shop to get the tractor out and run it for a while. My brother hadn't been able to get a good look at it yet. So , I got it backed out of the shop, and took his daughter for a tractor ride. LOL She is 4, and just as cute as a bugs ear! As we were driving around the yard, she , with a BIG smile on her face looks up at me and says .. " NOW I am a cowgirl" Cute, cute, cute!! We make it back to the shop, and my brother decided he wanted to drive it around for a bit. So, he hops on, and off he goes! He took it out for a short 3 minute drive and when he pulled up to the shop he said.... " Wow, this is great, brings back a LOT of memories hu? " I agreed, and told him to go on., and run it a while longer to let the battery charge. ;) He took his daughter this time, and they were off! LOL
After we got the tractor all put away...we walked over to the pond to "feed the fish" I literally have about a THOUSAND gold fish in this small pond. :rolleyes: I guess in a pinch, one COULD eat them, however I would rather NOT! LOL Later we went to lock up and feed the animals....my brother had never milked a goat before, so I put him up under Suzie. I am so glad she is a well rounded goat. She let him fumble with milking...for a bit. LOL I Finished her off, we fed everyone...and locked up the barn doors. Once back in the house, the smell of the pork tenderloin I had put in the oven earlier was heavenly! I finished off dinner..and we all sat and gave thanks for a great meal. Little Anna was so cute, sitting on her pillow at the table, hands clasped, and eyes closed while I said the blessing. She ate GOOD!!! 4 helpings of tenderloin, taters, and green beans..and a glass of fresh milk. My brother ate well too! He kept saying... " Now THIS is good...really good!" LOL He doesn't get too many "home cooked meals" After dinner we had a piece of Cherry/apple pie. I had a little of both pie fillings in the fridge, so I layered the cherry first, then spooned the apple on top, and added a top crust, it was DELISH! Pie and coffee...what a great ending to a wonderful day. We retired to the family room, where hubby got the wood stove going and we were all soon drifting in and out of sleep by the fire so we decided to call it a night. Everyone is still sleeping....so I am enjoying the quiet of the morning. Soon they will all get up and I will make a big breakfast, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and we will just be lazy and enjoy the day. There is enough tenderloin left over from last night, I will add BBQ to it and we will have sandwiches for supper. Easy! LOVE IT! The sun will be up soon, so I better get dressed and ready for animal chores. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Maybe eating those goldfish is not the only way to make them turn a profit! Around here I have seen several adds SELLING those extra goldfish!

People buy them to stock their ornamental ponds AND as fishing bait. If you have that many you could start making a little profit while thinning them out.

:thumbsup

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, so on Face Book, there is a local page, Southern Indiana Garage Sale stuff. I venture to that page often, searching for...well....stuff! LOL
I came across this.....kitchen item. It has a sink.....2 burners...and a fridge. He said it all works...I am going to text him in the morning and go look at it.
He has, $150 OBO. It would be a great addition for the Summer Kitchen, dont you think???
99_305743_2085057691515_1397338318_31840184_314541730_n.jpg

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
New to reading journals on here. So, hello from a fellow hoosier. Your Saturday sounded heavenly. I just love memories like that.

About the kitchenette unit. That is an awesome find!!!! I use to stay up in northern wisconsin when I was young and friends of ours use to rent out a place that had one of those. It was the coolest thing ever. Good luck with your summer kitchen

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Homemaker said:
New to reading journals on here. So, hello from a fellow hoosier. Your Saturday sounded heavenly. I just love memories like that.

About the kitchenette unit. That is an awesome find!!!! I use to stay up in northern wisconsin when I was young and friends of ours use to rent out a place that had one of those. It was the coolest thing ever. Good luck with your summer kitchen
Hey Homemaker! Hi and welcome!!! SE Indiana here, Jennings County.
Our saturday was very memorable....we are looking to make this a tradition here at the farm.
I am going to go look into this kitchen combo unit....might be just what I am needing.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
justusnak said:
OK, so on Face Book, there is a local page, Southern Indiana Garage Sale stuff. I venture to that page often, searching for...well....stuff! LOL
I came across this.....kitchen item. It has a sink.....2 burners...and a fridge. He said it all works...I am going to text him in the morning and go look at it.
He has, $150 OBO. It would be a great addition for the Summer Kitchen, dont you think???
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum...057691515_1397338318_31840184_314541730_n.jpg
Now that is just too cool! :cool: