JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
SO glad you are feeling better! That stuff is NOTHING TO MESS WITH.

Now for even worse news...

After I had pneumonia the first time I had to learn it does something permanent to your lungs. :( I have had pneumonia THREE times so far. It seems like after the first time it just sets in at the least chest cold.

Be aware. Treat EVERY little cold with lots of rest and care.

There is to be NO MORE "take medicine and keep on working like usual" stuff. Don't be a bullhead like I was. I had to get it a couple of more times before I finally learned that lesson.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
Look Debbie, seriously, take a moment and sit there and read this post. Take it in and let it be a pillar for support.

Look, as you get well, I know that you are going to have some drama for the next coming weeks over smoking. I know it isn't that hard, and will power has nothing to do with it. Its understanding it that allowed me to get through it. I know that living with a smoker makes this even harder for you, and you will need some will power to not return to smoking.

Now is your time to stop this, stop killing yourself, sure we are all gonna die, but no need to hurry it along by smoking.

Today, even with my personal troubles, I never returned to smoking. The change my body has had can't be put into words. I feel better, taste food better, and don't smell. People who smoke have no idea just how bad they smell.

Keep moving forward, you don't need to smoke, it has no power to improve the quality of your life, and you can save the money you would spend on something better, like a vacation..
J. Thanks for those words of wisdom. So far...I dont even want to smoke. I dont miss it at all. My Dr told me to get the E Cigg, so we did. I charged it on my laptop....and there it sits...unused. I really have NO desires for one. I think this will be a slow recovery....but it will come. I WILL BEAT THIS!!!!! LOL
I get the Pneumonia shot every 5 yrs. I get it at least once a year. I have COPD, Asthma...and yeah, I WAS a smoker. STUPID...I know.....but I have finally learned. I am NOT indestructible. LOL Onward and upwards. Spring is coming!!!!!

Reuse-it

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have been forcing myself to take as deep a breath as I can manage and hold it as long as I can. we need to stretch those air sacs out, and oxygenate that wounded tissue.
It is really difficult, and I give it up as soon as I get light headed, -which is about to the count of five :rolleyes:- but I feel it is doing a lot of good.
Try to stay away from the cigs and perfumes and anything that could compromise your tidal volume.
Good luck to us!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
17 Feb 2011

I am feeling a lot better, still taking it slow. I am back to caring for the animals....just taking my time. They all seem to be happy to see me. :love
I am taking it slow, easy...I for SURE don't want a relaps.
Tomorrow is hubbys B Day...the big 50! I wish I was feeling better so we could have planned a big black , over the hill party...however...neither of us are feeling 100 % . Seems he is coming down with the chest yuk now.
Today was windy, and not too cool....so we turned off the furnace, opened the house, got out the pinesol..and cleaned....cleaned....cleaned!! Now that there is no more smoking in the house....it really needed the good cleaning. Yup....so far...so good, smoke free! Woohoo! I really don't miss it either. I am enjoying breathing!!! :weee
I know it will take some time to get back up to par...but I am on the way. Whew! That was a tough one. I hope everyone out there stays healthy! Spring is just around the corner....I am getting antsy to get in the garden....clean coops...barns....pastures...come on spring!!!!!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I am so glad to hear you are doing better. I wasn't on SS for a while and am just trying to catch up a bit on everyone.

It is hard for people like us to take it easy. but find something sort of brainless to do like crocheting or cleaning seeds or something :lol: Then you feel like your are somewhat productive, but it doesn't take much energy to do it and you can put it down, the minute you feel you need to rest.
You worked hard all your life. You are entitled to take a break to recover. :hugs

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
justusnak said:
17 Feb 2011

I am feeling a lot better, still taking it slow. I am back to caring for the animals....just taking my time. They all seem to be happy to see me. :love
I am taking it slow, easy...I for SURE don't want a relaps.
Tomorrow is hubbys B Day...the big 50! I wish I was feeling better so we could have planned a big black , over the hill party...however...neither of us are feeling 100 % . Seems he is coming down with the chest yuk now.
Today was windy, and not too cool....so we turned off the furnace, opened the house, got out the pinesol..and cleaned....cleaned....cleaned!! Now that there is no more smoking in the house....it really needed the good cleaning. Yup....so far...so good, smoke free! Woohoo! I really don't miss it either. I am enjoying breathing!!! :weee
I know it will take some time to get back up to par...but I am on the way. Whew! That was a tough one. I hope everyone out there stays healthy! Spring is just around the corner....I am getting antsy to get in the garden....clean coops...barns....pastures...come on spring!!!!!!
Thought I would let you know, that Kombucha is very good at helping clean out the lungs, once smoking is given up.
It helps flush the tar build up :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks BB...I am drinking my Kefir....haven't tried the Kombucha.
I think today I will set up my grow table...and go get the potting soil....and seeds...and lights...and fans...and....and.....WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
So glad to hear that you are feeling better :)

CONGRATS on the no smoking, good for you! I know it is a tough habit to break.

Keep a close eye on your Hubby!

And thanks for encouraging me to get my butt to the Dr! :hugs