JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

S

sunsaver

Sorry to here about the damage. At least your all in one piece. Poor Missouri folks are getting slammed again tonight, and they're saying tornadoes for us down here in Louisiana tomorrow. Hope that foot gets better soon.:hide

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Yup - it is really booming and raining hard here tonight. No end in sight for tomorrow either.

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad to hear that you are okay. Hoping your grandson gets well soon and you have a terrific visit with him.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You all be safe there in Missouri and Louisiana!!! Mother Nature needs to get laid, thats ALL I have to say about that! LOL Come on summer!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
While there are times I'd love to move out of NJ, at least we don't really have that much worry about twisters! Glad you're OK! :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:hugs I'm so glad you're Ok, but sorry about your turkeys :hit

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Saturday...whew! I wasn't planning to do much...however we ALL knows what that gets us. A BUSY day. :rolleyes:
The plan was.....go to the cemetery, and spend some time with my mom. I have been having a bad few days, and really needed to talk to her.
So, as I get ready to go....my son informs me that we are running low on feed. I asked...how low is low? He said, well, I had to scrape the bottom of the can to get enough to feed the chickens this morning! :th Since I haven't really been able to get out there with all the rain, and this stupid foot...I had NO IDEA how low it was getting. So, a small change in plans....run to the bank, then the feed store....THEN stop by the cemetery.
Got the feed...( $100 :ep ) and headed to talk to mom. See, the one year anniversary of losing my son is coming up June 18th.....I just needed some " alone time" I get to the cemetery, moms area is not far from the road...so..I pop in a CD I made in memory of my son....open the windows in the truck, and headed to mom....flowers in hand. The first song is...Tears in Heaven. LOVE that song...As I sat down to chat with mom, I was overcome with grief...I started bawling, and just leaned against the headstone, totally oblivious to what was going on around me. Then the second song....Second Chance, by Shinedown. I was listening to the music, crying..when I noticed it got a LOT quieter~ As I turned I saw an elderly woman walking towards me. I stood up and she said..." I hope you don't mind, I closed the door to your truck, that music was blaring, and this is where people come for peace and serenity" I just looked at this 60+ year old woman...wanting to shout at her..." DONT TOUCH MY TRUCK AGAIN" and said....Please leave me alone...I am not having a very good day. She said she would pray for me, and walked off. Well, that took the wind from my sail. So, I gathered myself up, and left.
Came home and put up the 5 bags of chicken feed, a bag of pig feed, 2 bags of cracked corn, and a bag of feed for the sheep. Then realized I didnt stop at the store in town, so had to go BACK to town..UGH! Came home, put up the groceries...and walked ot the garden. So sad my little garden. The peas were smashed down in the storm, so I decided to get in there and try to do some damage control. They might just make it after all. Then, grabbed the rake and headed to the driveway. We have a few pot holes I needed to get filed in. It was like riding a roller coaster with all those bumps! Finished there, and as I was walking to the shop...my son comes around the corner and tells me he got the lawn tractor stuck, with the 12 ft flatbed trailer FULL of branches. JEESH! So, I hobbled over there, unhooked the trailer, had him pull the tractor around as I pulled the trailer around by hand, hooked it back up, and got him going again. By now my foot is THROBBING...wet and muddy, so I hobbled back to the house. Removed the wet bandages, washed and replaced with dry ones. I was able to rest the remainder of the evening....and was so tired, I called for pizza. Hubby was at his brothers all day, helping with a tree that needed to be taken down. He came in just before dark. After we ate, we sat on the porch watching the kittens play, and the sun go down. Now my shower is done...and I am relaxing...finally! Tomorrow, the plan is to get in the big garden, make some raised hills to plant on, and get to planting. I will have to wrap my foot in plastic to keep it clean and dry.
My pillow is softly calling my name, so I think I will get to it!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:hugs Hope the sweet dream fairy visits you tonight and that you wake rested and refreshed and ready for tomorrow.