LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
FF -I'm imagining a pig in harness with a tow chain and come along attached to the front bed of the truck. :lol: :lol:

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Then you have seen it before? :lol: :lol:
We had to come up with some interesting solutions on the farm because we had an old beat up rusted out stock truck with home made racks, a rickety loading chute that was literally tied together with twine, and a small corral that half the posts were rotting. You just make do with what you have!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pig day is Wednesday. In the meantime we are building a nice long ramp and not feeding her for two days then baiting the ramp and trying to get her to walk up and into the truck where a bowl of stinky food will be waiting. FF- I'm sorry but I am not getting in that muddy, stinky pig pen and trying to tie that pig up but I will keep that in mind if it comes down to it......we will call it plan "B".

Yesterday we got the garage cleaned, stinky trash to dump, some blue eggs from our EEs, 4 scovy ducklings with momma at the pond, one dog that never stops barking, and the duck pen with bird netting over top.....DONE! Good day! Today is pig ramp makin' day!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I hope the ramp works the first time you try it!

I can't blame you for not wanting to "hog tie" your pig :p :)lau too funny) , but at least you HAVE a plan "B" if you need it.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:pop

Definitely keep us posted as to how it all goes!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Looks like it will be a few more weeks before we can take the pig. Dad's truck is messing up and needs some repair. In the meantime I am going to try to find a mobile service or we might wait until winter and do it ourselves. :idunno Guess I need to get some more pig food.