LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Maybe the duck will have the sense to take cover?

I have you at the top of my prayer list! I hope the storm gets pushed farther east out to sea!

Here you go, Irene.....:smack

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's starting to get windy outside. I'm surprised I have internet right now but I doubt I will for much longer. I've got to go out and get the bunnies and then just hope for the best at this point. I haven't turned on the weather channel this morning but the NY times (on-line) said it's now a cat 1 so I'm not so worried. Still a little worried though.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Stay as safe as possible! Check in when you can so we know you're OK!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay girl....you okay down there??? We didn't get it so bad but I know you guys got smacked pretty hard with the rain....

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We got smacked hard! I was so scared listening to the rain and the wind howling. We didn't get the worst of it until after dark which made it worse that I couldn't see what was going on. However, we are ok! Lots of HUGE trees down and the chicken coop came down but the chickens are ok, so are the other animals. I will update more later. We are staying at the beach for a couple days but they don't have power either. We haven't had power since Friday and have no idea when we will get it back. Until then it's baths in the baby pool and no internet.....SS at it's finest!! Bye for now, Angela

Edited to say: I guess it was Sat we lost power not Friday...oops.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
LovinLife said:
We got smacked hard! I was so scared listening to the rain and the wind howling. We didn't get the worst of it until after dark which made it worse that I couldn't see what was going on. However, we are ok! Lots of HUGE trees down and the chicken coop came down but the chickens are ok, so are the other animals. I will update more later. We are staying at the beach for a couple days but they don't have power either. We haven't had power since Friday and have no idea when we will get it back. Until then it's baths in the baby pool and no internet.....SS at it's finest!! Bye for now, Angela
Glad you checked in ... keep us posted, we worry. :hugs

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Power came on tonight at 7pm!....while we were making attempt #...uh 5 at gettting this pig up the ramp and into the truck. I would have tried the pig harness idea but it's so muddy and yucky in there! Needless to say pig is still not in the truck. :somad Anyhow, I am so happy to have internet....I mean power back! :lol: We were cooking on the charcoal grill or coleman gas grill, every meal, and had everything in a cooler. I had to carry buckets of water in to do dishes and flush the toilet. The kids were happy 'cause they got to take baths in the pool, DH wasn't so happy about it. :D I cleaned all the windows inside and out and wiped the fridge out. DH got the chicken coop all fixed up today so the hens are happy. Wish I could say that we got some free firewood but the pull behind trailer has the wood stove on it and the pick up has the dog box on it. We might try to move the woodstove into the garage and free up the trailer to get some of the trees that fell down.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I haven't gotten any free wood either. Been too busy to look for any of it.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
We will have to buy wood this year. Horrors.

Hubby has had a foot problem and it hasn't been safe for him to go out and fell trees and now it is too late in the year. We have a little wood to cut up but we will have to purchase some for the winter.

How un-self sufficient we are this year. :hide