LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh no....that sucks about the truck. Maybe the pig is in on it...:lol: Pulled some wires while it was out on it's jail break :p

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Oh no....that sucks about the truck. Maybe the pig is in on it...:lol: Pulled some wires while it was out on it's jail break :p
:lol: I can see it now.... she runs around yard, plays with kids toys, plays in baby pool and while she has her moment of freedom cuts the break cables. I guess pigs really are smart!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Did you get that loading ramp built? If so I would work out a way to feed that stinky old pig at the top of it! :lol:

This is not my original idea, BTW. We live near a Hoofed Mammal exhibit where they have elk, deer, bison and prong horn. The exhibit has what looks like a big deck with high walls around it and a ramp going up to it. On one side of the "deck", opposite of the ramp, is a long removable feed trough.

I questioned a Ranger about the weird contraption and he said that they keep the salt and mineral licks and do all supplemental feeding up on that deck. That way if they ever need to move one of the wild animals all they have to do is sort it into a pen where the platform is located, open the gate at the bottom of the ramp, the gate at the top of the ramp and swing the feeder away to load the animal in the truck. Since they are used to eating up there they practically run up the ramp! :thumbsup

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Maybe you need your new dogs to "herd" them in the truck.....:D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey darlin', hows it going? you guys bracing for the storm??? How's the pig?

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Hey darlin', hows it going? you guys bracing for the storm??? How's the pig?
Hi there! Yeah wer're ready for this beast of a storm! We have the water tank filled, the pool filled, frozen water bottles, collecting ice in the freezer, extra charcoal, and plenty of beer :) We're as ready as we're gonna be. I will try to post our status as soon as we can. It's supposed to hit us tomorrow sometime. Make sure you give updates too. Do you have satelite internet too?
ETA: the pig's days are still numbered....just don't know how many.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We have a wireless router so we're good.....yeah, we haven't done a lot because they are saying that this far west we may not get much of anything out of it. :/ We are planning on putting a platform in the goat barn in case we get a bunch of rain and it floods. We also discussed flipping the trampoline over so it doesn't go flying. :lol:

We moved the poultry out of the chicken tractor last night and put it next to the barn and staked it into the ground with rebar.

I don't expect to get much out of it here but you guys are gonna be right in the path of this thing....good luck! :hugs

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yup right in the path. I'm a little freaked out but mostly I'm not looking forward to the clean up. I know that some trees are going to come down and tons of branches def will! We've got a big pile of cans by the shed and some of the bags have busted open so there will probably be cans all over unless we go out there and rebag them right now. I have a list of things that need to be done going through my head. Make sure chickens have water and food IN the chicken coop, set up kennel and bring dogs in the garage, make sure cats are in, make sure ALL chickens go in coop tonight, don't open coop tomorrow, tie down boat, tie down playset, move car and van away from trees,....I'm sure there's more.....and I've got clothes on the line and it looks like it's going to rain now.

I've got a mother scovy duck with 4 ducklings at the big pond but they have been staying out at night instead of going into their little house. Do you think they will be ok?