March this year

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea MyKid
I actually need to check medical stuff also. I know I am out of hydrogen peroxide and stuff like that. 'been meaning' to restock.

I gotta get my butt on that.

you are right. prices are still going up and up. I see it every day in everything I buy. it is truly going to price millions out of necessary purchases, heck it already has.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We have a basic set of medical supplies, but it severely needs replenished.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Don't know about ya'll, but fear is a good motivator for me. Can't really bring myself to be afraid right now though, but I was concerned enough somewhere around 2008 to really get serious and start getting things in check here.
What's gonna happen next month....We won't have long to wait.
This is going to sound crazy, but I almost want something to happen because then this life becomes my primary job, rather than my very intense hobby. Now, ya'll don't all jump me for that.....Who knows...I might be kicking my own self for saying it later.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I know what you mean...it's like testing yourself and your resources. It is a good measure for knowing if you are playing at being self-reliant or living it...will it stand under fire? Have you gathered more stuff than skills? Have you learned skills but lack fortitude to see things through if you need to? Could you or would you do what it takes to survive when the chips are down?

Heady stuff but I think that is why they climb Everest...just to see if they can.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: I do know what you mean also. I kinda was hoping for an ice storm this year. small one, with power out for a day or 2 only. just to test myself for all my usual preps. I mean I have easily gotten thru those power days off...but a 'this is a test, not a total emergency' is kinda nice to go thru just to see what you have prepped is enough and what you have forgotten or are short on at this time.

well truly even if it isn't a total disaster out there like some predict, just buying some more stuff now, like a good supply of something in the pantry or medical kit or for survival is a good deal, cause I will save money in the long run. prices aren't over going up by a long shot, so getting good deals now is important.

but I guess it is hard to run away from ever increasing prices. eventually they get ya.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah. Everytime we get one of those little 'tests' here, I suddenly become the authority on SS in my circle and have to talk shop with a dozen or so people who want to get themself set. But they mainly only go for the quick fix temporary emergency, not the long haul. I'm set up for one and only about 3/4 or less for the other, but at least I got a few things prepared.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just heard something else for March.....on the 8th, 'something' might happen to the internet. Conspiracy theories regarding administration is what I've heard. Not sure that would really affect us though. Unless it causes the whole darn thing to shut down, which I doubt.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yikes I didn't hear that one. I tell ya the doom and gloom predictions are sure flying out there :lol:

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH was just watching FoxNews and told me to go to crisis12.com and I didn't know what all to watch, cuz there was so much to choose from, so I just picked what I thought sounded credible.
Well, some pretty influencial people out there are saying,"Get ready." Don't guess that is going to knock any of us on our back sides. Looks like it was covered by most major news channels too. I watched several segments from news enterviews, then I watched the average joe's takes on it......some were smart.....some were just listening to themselves talk.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my thing is theres only so much i can do at a time, so im pretty muhc going to keep doing what im doing, getting as much together as i can with what i have...
i see no point in panicking...but i wish i was a little further along.