May as well start now

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
You have to have itty, bitty fingers! :D
I'm trying to figure how to not bruise my almonds as I go about it. :lol: It does sound easier to just buy it and almonds are not that cheap even in bulk.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can't believe it has taken me this long to get to my journal. Life seems to go by so fast sometimes. :old Today DH and I are celebrating our 36th anniversary. We met at 15, married at 18, raised our children and have 2 beautiful granddaughters but 36 years?? Where did the time go? In the words of John Lennon "Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans." I really think it's important for all of us to take a minute, take a deep breath and enjoy all that we work so hard to achieve. Tonight I am going to do just that, with the love of my life :love Happy Anniversary Honey!:hugs

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Corn Woman, congratulations on your anniverary. So glad you still want to celebrate with him! Just wanted to ask if you have tried drinking raw milk, rather than homogenized, pasturized. I am intollerant to "store bought" milk, but can guzzle down the fresh cow's milk with no problem. It is said that the act of homogenizing somehow makes it intolerable for many people. Just a suggestion...

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank You fem and so lucky. I truly hit the jackpot when I married my DH. I have a friend that has raw milk and I willing to give it a try.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like the two of you have lived a wonderful life together, and I love it that you are still so in love in a world where so many relationships end so short of the mark you have hit. Here's to many more years together for you and your hubs!

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you Moolie, of course that's the mini version of us but time truly goes by so fast. I have read about some of the things you and yours are involved in. Enjoy the moment.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary...though I am a day late ;) I hope you had a great one! :hugs

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank You WBF and SS. It was wonderful!
Saturday my youngest DD came home for a visit and we had a great time just hanging out. She helped me clear some things out of her old room so I can paint and put down a new floor (it's currently purple) Even though it was work we had a great time just looking thru some fun memories. She also wanted comfort food so it was chicken and dumplings on Sunday. I just love my mom daughter time and now that my girls are young women its hard to get time together. I love that at 25 she still wants to come home and just hang out with her parents. Funny how during the teen years it was "taboo". She had to pack up and leave today and it was hard to see her go but before she left she called her boyfriend and asked him if he wanted anything from "Mom-co" ;) guess that's what she calls my basement grocery store with all the home canned goodies, that kid cracks me up.