Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Morel, Hope you had a great Christmas Day.

Sorry about Hubby's problems. I am sure you will gather all the info and go to the Dr with lots of questions. Praying that all goes well.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Morel, You posted on my DGD pictures post but have not updated us lately on what is going on with your husband. How is he? and how is your DD doing? Is everything ok? Picture me with a worried little frown that causes wrinkles between my eyes.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
2dream said:
Morel, You posted on my DGD pictures post but have not updated us lately on what is going on with your husband. How is he? and how is your DD doing? Is everything ok? Picture me with a worried little frown that causes wrinkles between my eyes.
Thanks for asking:>) DD is doing wonderful...she has been sooo blessed! We have collected some wonderful free furniture for her and she has moved in to her townhouse now (what a busy week!) I haven't had any time to get online...we've had alot of company, been alot of places and moved my daughter over the holidays!
My DH has no shoulder pain at all today...and no hip pain either! I hope it's due to all the suppliments I have put him on, but time will tell...we WILL beat this thing without surgery...I am really hoping for that! We have been blessed completely over the holidays and pray that every one here has an absolutely wonderful new year!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have been wondering too...glad to hear that they are both doing well!
When is the baby due?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Great on DH's pain. Hope its the suppliments and that surgery won't be required. Sounds like you have been busy over the holidays. Congrats on the free furniture. We have been truely blessed with either freebies or extremely cheap things for the baby. Mostly free but I did end up buying a high chair for 5 dollars. We now have more clothes than she will ever be able to wear for the next 8 or 9 months. Got to sort thru and get some of that stuff back on freecycle.
I know you are thrilled about this new grandbaby. I know why they call them Grand.
We are all truely blessed. As bad as 2008 was for most of us it sure ended up on a high note for my family with the arrival of Emma. I am taking that as a sign that 2009 will be a GREAT year.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel, the next time your DH has pain in that shoulder....have him press the area with his thumb, real hard, for about 60 seconds or until the pain starts to diminish. Just try it and see what happens. If its where he can't reach, you do it for him. If I can't be there, maybe I can help you out long distance.... :p

This may be a temporary fix for the pain and may help reset that particular muscle, who knows? If I could work on it, it would be more complete and more effective, as I would cover all the muscle groups in his rotator cuff, but try it anyway? :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Don't get on much lately:>) DH has been having less and less shoulder pain, yes we do use pressure on it when we can localiz the pain...and I guess I should be using a little more reflexology, it has just been so long since I have done reflexology that I need a little update on where the points are! I think the shoulder would be located on the side of the baby toe, just a little lower down...his shoulder is doing wonderfully with the glocosamine and sports vitamins I have him on...cayenne pepper...
I took a couple of pics of the hens yeaterday. I have one who is having a hard time...she's a little crossbeak silkie. I brought her in for a couple of days and put her back in. Not sure how she'll do but she has been hanging out around the water pail because there is a heat lamp over it to keep it from freezing:>) She knows how to stay warm. The others don't bother. It gets cold in there, but the hens are looking no worse for wear really. I was worried about not having insulation but I think I have figured out that ventelation is much more important than heat ans insulation in my part of the world. We have had as low and -37 so far with the chill factor. They don't seem to mind it much
2vis3vd.jpg

11h4brl.jpg

And here's my little crossbeak...hanging out in the sun LOL!
11kgryd.jpg

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I love that sunbathing silkie - she's no dummy!

Your birds are looking good, MC! I wouldn't make any changes if I were you.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morel, your chickens are very nice looking. Glad your hubby shoulder is getting better. Did you do what beekissed said to? If so then she saved you some money right? That is cool.
I havent been on here much either, trying not to I guess. I get so much more done when I am not on here, LOL.
Our temp is supposed to hover around -25 Monday thru Thursday next week. I am going to be working on the chicken coop to tweak it a little today.
How are other things going? Great I hope.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Things are good! Roosmom, we are having temps like that all week too. Today was alot warmer, only -8 but it is supposed to dip to highs of -27 and lows of -35 all week starting tomorrow YIKES! And would you believe I have a silkie out there that is broody...you'd think she'd know better. If it was closer to spring i would bring her in and put some eggs under her but I'd be stuck with birds in the house until April...no way is that happening around here...
I got 10 pigeons on Saturday, they are really pretty...alot of chocolate brown ones, I love that color. Even Ray says they are pretty. It's weird to walk into the coop and here all the coooing:>)
I have one area left in my coop, it's a 4x5 area that I keep all my feed in right now but I am thinking about moving it out to the storage shed and bringing in some flemish giant rabbits. Just three, two does and a buck...and then my shed will be full:>)