My Greenhouse Construction Thread (picture heavy)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad you kept that snow up there! We're back into winter w/our temps, though.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This whole week is supposed to be chilly and wet up here in the Poconos. We had wet snow again this morning. Yuck! :tongue

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm looking at using the same type polycarb panels to enclose my back porch, for use as "semi" greenhouse, chick brooder area, more winter personal use, etc. They would be mounted so able to open (&/or remove) as with windows due to the heat retention in summer. Shade cloth can be used to offset some sun in summer. Good to hear that this material does well to hold heat. Clear, heavyweight, vinyl side walls is also possible, as they can be rolled up -- think sides on the tents -- and may work better in my area summers.

I'm exploring options to install before next winter. With cost & ease of use once installed all being considered. Vinyl is less "tight" & not dble so, less heat retention but, not an issue for this set-up really. I want more of a protective barrier and ease of use when heat not wanted.

Your greenhouse looks great...will look better with plants in there & more pics of that. :cool:

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Mini Horses. Make sure you search the polycarb sheets...prices can vary a good bit.

Definitely better with plants! I have my cow pots and seeds, mixed up my seedling "soil"...and even bought a heater for the cooler nights, but just haven't gotten to it...so busy with work and our business this past week....and, now this week, I am having surgery on my foot on Wednesday. Luckily, I am off tomorrow and Tuesday (rain predicted both days). I am determined to get these seeds started...it's almost too late!

More pics to follow.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you. Not to big a deal...just a bone spur that is sore as all get out! Should be back up and running by the end of the week.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ow - been there done that! I had spurs in both heels many, many years ago. So, I got the brilliant idea to have them both fixed at the same time...and the stoopid doc agreed to do that for me. WORST. DECISION. EVER! Hopping around on one foot would have been ok, but when you have both done at the same time....not so much, lol.

Hope your recovery is simple and fast!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Didn't you know you're supposed to have spurs on the outside of your boots, not your heels? :hide