MY NEW HOME

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
received_229602978533241.jpeg
received_997304690677524.jpeg
received_388470582371204.jpeg

We started decorating the outside of the house the day after Turkey Day. Not quite finished yet.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There are alot of things that losing them has made sad. They would have been married 69 years in Nov of 2021. But it is what it is, cannot be changed, and we go forward from here. That is life.
That is very true. I didn't handle yesterday (3/20) as bad as what I thought I would. Yes, it is life but still some things take time to heal.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First you need to establish what your budget allows and what your credit allows.

Then each write a list of what you'd like in the home. Put both lists together and compromise. Know what you are willing to "do" in a home that may come close to wants...needs some work, etc.

It's a place to start. Remember almost NO home is "perfect". Assume this is not your forever home...the first one...knowing that helps with compromise.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
That's the thing with us seeing how it's going to be our forever home seeing how he's edging more towards 60 and I'm edging more to 50
Going through this right now, also. It's tough. Our approach was to list the "must haves" (large pantry, master bedroom and laundry on first floor, etc.)and go from there. Unfortunately, we may have to build ourselves, as it is hard to even find places that meet the limited list

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
On Sunday afternoon we went to view that house, we liked it and it was the perfect set up but there's a ton of work that it needs (new windows, porches [ front and back] need to be redone, some of the flooring, and possibly a new roof. Right now as it stands it won't pass inspection for a FHA loan so we're going to keep looking
Now that you’ve seen one you both like, you have a starting point for comparing others to.