MY NEW HOME

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey everyone! It's been awhile. Yes, I did go check out the venue and OMG I feel in love with it, it was so pretty! It is pretty cheap too $400 for 2 days but the only thing they are going to have open next year is the cabins and they aren't cheap plus you got to rent them for a week at $120/night so I'm thinking that we're better off just going in front of a judge in the courthouse than having a BIG party with a mock ceremony for all the guests.
In between going to look at the venue and yesterday I was supposed to meet with a lawyer who is going to be handling my divorce case pro bono who never showed up to the meeting spot at the specified time. I waited for at least 20 minutes after the appointment time to leave and yes I did try to call his office but his voicemail box was full. He ended up calling me 25 minutes later after I was on my home and told me "he got busy doing something else and forgot about our appointment and he would call me to reschedule the appointment". WEll, still waiting for him to call to reschedule.
Yesterday was a year since my Mom passed away so I did my best to pay my respects to her.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning All! Here's an update- the appraisal went good, said for more than what we offered! Now we are just waiting on permission for early possession and THE CLOSING DATE MIGHT GET MOVED UP FROM SEPT 22 like it was orginially planned!!!!
Sad news for all of you ALL THE LEFTOVER MEATLOAF IS GONE, FH TOOK THE REST OF IT FOR HIS LUNCH TODAY!

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I make meatloaf, I make small, individual 6 ounce "footballs" instead of a "loaf". I like to think of them as mini-loaves and everyone knows the best part of meatloaf is the caramelized ketchup topping. With mini loaves, each one is drenched completely with topping. It works out wonderfully for us. We each eat one for supper and then I wrap them in wax paper bags and throw them in the freezer. We then get to take them for lunches - easy, peasy.
Next time I make meatloaf I will cook it in the Treager. Baked potatoes too. What a wonderful idea you have shared, thank you.

Glad the appraisal went well. Sounds like things are progressing nicely.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Next time I make meatloaf I will cook it in the Treager. Baked potatoes too. What a wonderful idea you have shared, thank you.
You are very welcome. I know prefer smoked meatloaf over any other way to make it. I don't have a Treager or any other of those fancy smokers just a little vertical propane Char Boil smoker but I will never get rid of it seeing how FH had gotten me that for my Mother's Day present last year. We may end up making a bigger one out of an old oil tank that's on the property but that's months in the future. I have done smoked Sweet potatoes in the smoker and they are yummy too!!! We don't really eat the regular potatoes, trying to get healthy which is very expensive and sometimes hard to stay in that mindset.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
UPDATE: We can't take early possession nor will they let us rent it from them for a few days so FH asked if the closing date can be moved up a few days so we're waiting on an answer for that.
We did get ALL of our belongings into a moving container yesterday except for a few small items we are still using

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, we are super excited about this!! we're looking forward to having our own house and not renting from anyone again
AMEN to that. Exactly how I felt a couple years ago when I bought this even though I had just had ankle replacement and the knees were killing me.... NO ONE to tell me I can't have chickens or the garden or anything....