My Obsession

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Whatever is in season in the garden!
Right now it's asparagus, artichokes are coming up next and then we'll have to wait for peaches :drool
There'll be a few berries by then I hope too.
I was hoping for some greens, but the chickens got into the garden several times and ate them down to nubbins each time :rolleyes:

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace, I posted that soup for you. I'd love to get your opinion (and anyone else's of course) on ways to poke it around and make it better :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Right now gingered asparagus. Soon sun warmed tomatoes with basil and fresh mozzarella.
The only other "veggies" I've ever craved have been corn on the cob and boiled new potatoes from my grandfather's garden.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oooooohhh...summer munchies..I just LOVE fresh from the vine..greenbeans!! Rinse them off in the rain barrel..and munch away!! And sugar snap peas. Seems I dont get to cook ANY of those! LOL I really need to plant more this year...a few rows for cooking, and a few rows for fresh eating while I am in there pulling weeds. I consider them my little rewards, for the work! :p

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've got another one.
I'm legitimately obsessed with peas.
I beg for Ruby Tuesday every week after church when we're deciding where to go because there are peas on the salad bar.
Or pea salad! Cold peas, little bits of ham or turkey, onion bits, cheese, and some kind of sauce to hold it together! You can add bacon bits to that too, but don't forget that it's all about the peas.
Now I want peas.

partyfowl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
ASPARAGUS!! I am obsessed with it right now. Blanched with bleu cheese dressing. YUM

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
Grilled green beans with compound butter. I eat about a quart of green beans a day during summer.

Grilled asparagus, kale sauteed with sausage and leeks........ my tummy is growling.

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
Kale is king of all the veggies!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Asparagus spears, drizzled with EVOO, sprinkled with minimum salt, and then broiled for 15 minutes.

:drool

p.s. hey, we got a different drooling smiley than we used to have!